I nodded and she ringed up everything. “Fourteen dollars and eighty-three cents.” Honestly, I thought it was going to be worse. I handed her a ten and a five and she gave me my change. She didn’t make a move to get me a bag.

I pointed at everything and asked, “Can I get bag?” I tried not to sound snotty or anything.

She rolled her eyes and proceeded to give me a bag- not bagging it for me. I guess I’m doing that survey towards the bottom of the receipt now.

I walked back out to the car and handed everybody their food. Then we were back on the road once again.

***

Brianna and Faith were asking a lot of questions when we arrived back at my house- the biggest one was can we go looking around?

I raised my voice. “Hold up! No, you cannot go looking around. There’s a chance that they’ll see you and you, two, need to stay hidden until tomorrow night for our gig.”

“What? Seriously?” Brianna asked, her tone kind of whiny.

“Yes, I’m serious. This needs to be a big surprise. Dalton and I didn’t drive almost four days straight to get for you then to ruin it by being seen in town.”

“We wouldn’t be seen. We could disguise ourselves.” Brianna argued.

I shook my head. “We’re taking no chances. You only have to stay in for tonight and tomorrow. Then after tomorrow night, you can go into town all you want.”

“Right, so what should I wear to this gig?” Faith asked.

“Um, I’d stick with darker colors but that’s me. Just wear whatever you want Dana to see you in.” I replied.

She nodded. “Okay…”

There was a knock at the door and I looked out the window; it was the freaking moron squad. What are they doing here?

“Go upstairs and don’t come down till I say so.” I stated at the two of them.

They darted upstairs and into my room shutting the door.

I cooly opened the door and asked Cole, “What do you want?”

“We were just seeing if you’d like to go to a movie tonight?” Cole replied, chill.

I shook my head. “I can’t. I’ve got band practice tonight. But we can all hang out tomorrow night at Red Wing’s gig at Hollywood Corner.” I pointed at finger at all of them. "You better be there.”

Cole raised a brow. “Why? You want us to be there?” I could tell he was hinting at me wanting him to be there, which if I could have it where he wasn’t, I would.

I rolled my eyes and I had to swallow the bile that rose up in throat as I said, “Yes.”

“Then we will definitely be there.” Cole said casually. They all stood there quietly now.

“Is that all?” I asked.

“Do you have any food?” Dana asked, slightly shy. I couldn’t say no to him.

With a small laugh, I said, “Yeah.” I moved and waved for them to come in. I hope those two girls can keep it quiet for a couple more minutes. I led them into the kitchen and grabbed the first snack food I thought of, chips. Then I mumbled, “Excuse me.” I took the stairs two at a time and went into my room. I pointed a finger at the two girls on my bed. "Please keep it quiet for a couple more minutes. They’re eating a snack, then leaving.”

“Let me guess, it was Dana who asked.” Faith replied.

“Yeah, it was.” I made a small laugh.