Chapter 51- All That Matters

ابدأ من البداية

I sat there silently, thinking about everything he had said and the points he made.

Dawn's Point Of View

I ripped another page out of my notepad, crumbling it up and throwing it across the room. I can't focus for shit.

There was a knock at my door, and I rolled my eyes as I got up to answer it. I didn't wanna be bothered right now, by anybody.

I opened the door, and there Danny was standing. The one person I couldn't get off my mind, the one person I've been crying over for days. The last time I saw him he told me it was over and slammed the door in my face. Like it was nothing.

"..Danny uhm, what you doin here?"

"Tuh talk." He said rudely. "Das watchu wanted right?"

I moved to the side, letting him inside. He took off his jacket and laid it across the arm of my couch; then sat down.

"Go head." He said. "Explain ya self. I wanna hear why you thought it was okay fuh you tuh throw me under the bus tuh save yourself."

"Well why was it so easy for you..to just break up with me like that? Why is it always so easy for you to just pick up and leave me? Like I mean nothing to you."

"It wasn't easy, I didn't even mean that. I was just hurt so I said the first thing that came to my mind. I never wanted to actually break up, I was just angry, and felt betrayed so I wasn't thinking straight. Dawn you just don't understand how much that shit hurt me, I know I act tough all the time but I'm still a human with fuckin feelings. I felt like you were taking me as a joke. Like you ain't take me seriously, how can I be with someone like that? You have tuh understand how I felt in that moment, I felt lied to and embarrassed; betrayed..that's why I said I ain't wanna be witchu. But even after that, I couldn't get chu outta my head, there was multiple times I wanted tuh pick up the phone when you were calling. I didn't wanna end us, but I ain't know what tuh think after you did that. You promised me you wouldn't preform it, but chu did anyway. You stabbed me in the back."

"Stabbed you in the back? Danny how can you say that? You saw how everything went down. Of course I take you seriously, I risked loosing the whole opportunity by asking them to compromise. I spent hours and hours rehearsing to preform a completely different song. You think I wanted to get up there and preform Damn Daniel? I wasn't even prepared for that. Why are you making it about you? It was never about embarrassing or humiliating you, it was about saving my performance. It shocked me just as much as it shocked you. But I had to get myself out of that disaster of a show and that was the only way out.." I explained. "You always come first, no matter what. And I'll admit when I decided to preform the song I wasn't putting you first and I apologize for that. But Danny all this fame stuff is new to me, and so much negative shit has happened since my career started: Jade exposing me as a home wrecker, the sex tape getting leaked, me getting arrested, so the last thing I needed was to get booed off a stage and have terrible first performance to add on to all the bullshit that already happened.."

He looked at the ground, and sighed. "I get it..you still new to all of this and you still at the point where you care what people say about chu. But Dawn you have tuh get pass that point, you can't sit here and try tuh please the world. You'll drive ya self crazy, and ruin relationships you actually care bout all cause you trying to please people that you don't even know."

"I know, I need to work on that. I'm just still adjusting to all of this; but none of it is worth loosing what we have. I'm just tired of fighting over this song..it's causing a issue between us. You're so hurt over something that I don't even really feel. It was for shock value, you know how that works. I did write to it to intentionally hurt you and embarrass you, and for that I'm sorry. But I can't keep apologizing over the same thing over and over if you're still gonna hold it against me. Danny there may be times I have to preform the song, even though I don't want to. Unfortunately this song is gonna stick with me for the rest of my career..if you can't understand that we're just gonna keep getting into fights."