Chapter 9- Every Word

"Shit..I'm late for work." I yawned, stretching my arms out. I noticed I was in my bedroom, which means Danny must've carried me in here at some point.

"You don't sound too concerned about it." Danny, who had been up since 5am for some odd reason, said.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I whined. "C'mon you know I have to be there by 10."

"You looked mad cute sleeping ma. Sorry." He poked his lip out. "You could still work from home, right?"

"Yeah. I'll just have to text Clara that I'm not coming in." I shrugged.

"Good." He smiled. "That means we got the whole day."

"But what are you gonna tell Jad-"

"Shhh.." he said, pressing a single finger against my lips, then kissing them.

"I told you don't worry bout that. I know what I'm doing."

It seems like she really does trust him. If she's not asking where he's been the whole day yesterday. But hey, that's none of my business.

"Just don't get all loose and sloppy and fuck this up, Danny." I said. "If we get caught-"

"I said I know what I'm doing." He emphasized. "Don't worry ya pretty head about that. Okay?"

"No Danny, we've never even had a conversation about this. Whatever this is. We need to have a clear understanding. We can't act like it doesn't exist." I said.

"iight." He said, taking a seat on the bed. "We do what we do, and keep it between us, and no feelings involved."

I nodded. Do I like Danny? Yes. A lot, actually and he likes me too. We enjoy each other's company and have the best time when we're together, and not to mention the best sex too. I mean it's phenomenal. But I do I have feelings for him? No. I'm not in love with him, and he's not in love with me. That's just how I like it. No one gets hurt. I don't want all of that feelings stuff, I'd rather what we have now than deal with that.

"Trust me, I know my girl. I know what I could get away with and what I can't. I got this. Do you? Do I ever have to worry bout you blowing this?"

"No, I'm not with that weak 'I'm fucking ya nigga' shit. I like you Danny, but I'm not about to fight anybody over you, or any nigga for that matter, with anybody. My mouth is shut, I'm no risk. Trust me on that."

"iight." He nodded. "Ion like talkin bout this."

I think we were both uncomfortable talking about this because when we're together, she doesn't even exist. I completely forget about her, and I think he does too.

"Me either..I think we have a clear understanding, right?"

"Yeah. So let's drop it." He said. "Ima go shower, I'll be right back."

He stopped in front of my door and looked at the knob for awhile. I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion wondering why he was just standing there. Then he grabbed it, twisting the knob and shaking the door, but it didn't open. He tried twisting it the other way and it still wouldn't open.