Chapter 47- Fuck You

"Clara how the fuck am I supposed to preform a diss track about my boyfriend? He already expressed to me that the song hurt him, what kind of girlfriend would I be if I preformed it in front of millions?"

"Honestly..it's up to you. I just don't think you should turn down something this big."

"Why can I preform "Queen Bitch" that's a hit too, that charted #3."

"Yeah, it's a hit. But Damn Daniel is what made ya career pop. It's the first song people think about when your name comes up."

"I don't know.."

"Why don't you ask him?" She said. " Maybe he'll understand. He's an artist to."

"He's not gonna understand me dissing him on live television. He's not gonna understand that it's my biggest hit, you know how he is."

"Well, it can't hurt to ask." She said. "Just ask him. This is huge, Dawn. I wouldn't turn this down."

I thought about it and her out a sigh. "Fine.. I'll ask him."

"Good." She said. "Are you ready for your interview?

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm not too nervous."

"Just remember, Angie is gonna ask you about everything. Publicity stunt rumors, the sex tape, going to jail, everything. They paid you so much for this interview for a reason, they want you to address anything they want you to."
_____

"This is the Angie Martinez Show, today we have a special guest, Dawn!"

"Good Morning." I dragged out, and greeted. "How y'all doin."

"Good, good!" She replied. "So, where do we start?"

"Anywhere you wanna start." I shrugged. "Ask me anything."

"Music!" She started. "So you have two singles out, both which have made the charts..are you working on anything? I saw you posted yourself on Instagram, in the studio. What were you working on there?"

"A mixtape." I told her. "I've been putting in mad time in the studio, because I know my fans wanna hear so much more from me, only two singles ain't cutting it." I laughed and so did she.

"Any features on this mixtape?" She asked. "I heard Cardi wanted to work with you on something, is that true?"

I nodded. "Definitely, we've been talking about it. She's a very busy woman so her schedule is always filled. But as soon as she has some free time we'll get together and work. I love Cardi, I've known her since I started writing."

"Oh right! You used to be a songwriter!" She said.

"Yeah, and I still am, I'm a bit more focused on my own music. But I still enjoy writing for others."

"That's dope." Angie said. "That you're able to still do both. So you already were familiar with the industry when your music career started."

"Yeah, I know pretty much. So everything was pretty easy for me; you know transitioning from a songwriter to mainly being an artist."