Chapter 45- Change The Law

I spent the whole night pacing back and forth between the four walls of the cell. I was about to lose my mind. I could easily understand how Danny got a form of PTSD from being in here for a year, cause I can't even last two days.

The sound of dangling keys caught my attention, and a female officer opened the cell.

"Davis. You've been bailed out." An officer said, as she unlocked my cell.

"What? By who?"

"Daniel Hernandez."

Danny? I wonder how he even knew where I was. I had no way of contacting him at all, I would've called but I didn't know his number by heart since it's saved in my phone and of course, they wouldn't give it to me.

I followed the officer out of the cell and towards the front where Danny was sitting, waiting for me. His eyes lit up when we made eye contact and he immediately stood up and ran over to me, picking me up and spinning me in circles.

"Baby!" He exclaimed. "Baby, I missed you so much. Oh my fuckin God."

He put me down and pressed his lips against mine. "You okay?" His worried eyes gave me a once over. "They treat you iight?"

"You know, jail is jail." I shrugged. "I'm just starving..and tired."

He scoffed and shook his head. Then he handed me a shopping bag. "Here, I gotchu some clothes. Take that ugly ass jumpsuit off and change. Then we gonna getchu sumthin tuh eat."

"Thank you, babe." I said, taking after the bag from him. "How did you find me?"

"I called ya lawyer, Clara had his number." He answered. "Babe I couldn't fuckin sleep. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." I told him, before I kissed him again. It's only been two days since I seen but it felt so much longer than that.

After I changed into the t-shirt and jeans he bought me, I came back out; and we exited the precinct. I've never been more grateful to see daylight in my life.

"Thank you babe, for bailing me out. We could stop at the bank so I could pay you ba-"

He sucked his teeth

"Stop. You don't gotta pay back shit. What type of nigga would I be if I just let my girl rot in jail?" He said. "Come on, lets get chu some food."

____

"She's freeeeee." Danny sang horribly off key, as he recorded me, zooming in extremely close on my face as I ate my burger. He was live on Instagram. "They freed my baby, ya'll."

"Ya'll better unfollow that fuckin' snitch." I said, as I popped a fry in my mouth. "She got fucked up and instead of taking the L she called the police."

Danny snickered. "Y'all go leave Ls under all
her photos."

"Ima post the video of her getting fucked up, since she wanna post videos." I said. "Ion even give a fuck, our sex tape is lit, right babe?"

"Facts, niggas teasing me fuh eatin ass but I betchu
the same niggas laughing is the same niggas beatin' they meat tuh our shit." He agreed. "Shit, we bout tuh make another when when we get home. I know das what y'all want."

I smiled, and laughed at his remark.

"We the King and Queen of New York, call that shit royalty sex." He said, and I almost spit out my soda from how funny that was.