Chapter 39- Try

Lance laid me on the bed, and pulled down my jeans, before he hovered over me; reattaching his lips to mine. I moaned, as his kisses then began to trail down to my neck.

His hands caressed down my curves, grasping the hems of my panties and beginning to pull them down.

"Lance, wait." I said, grabbing his hand before he could pull them any lower.

This didn't feel right, I couldn't do it. Even though Danny and I are just friends right now, this just feels wrong.

"What, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I can't do this." I told him, and gently pushed him off of me. "I'm sorry."

"W-why?" He asked. "You were just into it."

"No. I- I just can't." I said, pulling my jeans back up to my waist. "I'm sorry."

"But tell me why."

"Because I'm still in love with Danny!" I snapped. "I know you don't understand, and I don't expect you to. I can't do this with you, I don't wanna hurt you."

"How would you hurt me?" He asked.

"Because it's always gonna be him. I'm always gonna choose him. I can't even kiss someone else without thinking about him. He's stupid as hell sometimes and does stupid shit. But he has my heart and because of that I'll never be able to give you 100% of me. I know you're a really good guy Lance, and I know you've changed. But give that to a girl who wants you and only you. I'm too wrapped up right now, and I don't wanna be in a situation where I have to choose." I said. "Danny did some fucked up shit to me, but he's not all bad. I know he's not lying when he says he's in love with me. Before all of this, the pregnancy and everything; we were amazing together and I believe we still could be if we try. It's just me and him now. Me and Danny, it's undeniable that we just work, we always have. I can't explain it. I know damage has been done but it's not permanent, we're trying to fix it. He's doing a lot to prove himself to me, and he's been there for me during this whole healing process I'm going through. I can't get caught up in this in the mean time..I'm sorry Lance, I'm attracted to you, yeah, but I just don't love you in that way anymore..I'm in love with someone else and I don't want to waste your time."

I expected him to be upset, yell at me and tell me how stupid I am for still wanting to be with Danny after what he did. But he did none of that. He just sat there and thought about what I said, then slowly nodded his head. Shortly after he got up and picked his shirt up from the floor, putting it over his head.

Before he left out of the room he bent down, kissing my cheek and left out the room.

"Lance.." I said, and he continued walking down the stairs. "Please don't be mad at me."

I followed him and grabbed onto his arm.

"Dawn, I'm not mad. It's fine. I get it." He told me. "I want you, but only if you want me and only me. Not someone else. It's no hard feelings, I'll text you. Okay?"

"Okay.." I replied, and watched him leave out.

I could tell he was still hurt though, but I'd rather tell him straight than lead him on. There was no way I could have sex with him, it just didn't feel right to me. Fucking two niggas within the same week? I'm just not that kind of girl. Even if the other nigga is my ex, it's still not right to me.

I was actually kind of disappointed cause I started to actually enjoy the friendship me and Lance had. I thought we were on the same page in terms of knowing we just don't work anymore; and that our break up was for the best. I just hope he could try to get over those feelings he has for me, because I have feelings for someone else. Feelings that won't allow me to peruse anybody else, even if I wanted to.