Chapter 36- Greif

"And God shall wipe away tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

The funeral was just as excruciating as I thought it was going to be. Although it was only our close family and friends, the weeping sounding like there were a hundred people instead of eight. Danny only invited his mother, his brother and Andrew. I invited my parents, and Clara. We decided to only invite people we absolutely trusted, we couldn't have any of this getting out to the media. Not to mention, the situation would be hard to explain when everybody has known Jade and Danny to be together this whole time.

We all watched the box slowly sink into the ground to Amazing Grace being sang. Danny held my hand, tears streaming down both of our faces as we watched the box go lower and lower. We had no choice other than to accept the fact that he will never be in our arms again, and we will never see his face again.

We have both heard the line "I'm so sorry for your loss" more times today than anyone could imagine. The more I heard it the more it upset me because people seem to forget that this isn't about us. I know funerals are supposed to allow the time for people to mourn and accept the fact that a loved one had just passed away but I didn't want anyone to focus on me. I wanted everyone to focus their attention on Adrian because he didn't have time to be focused on. He didn't have the ability to feel truly loved, because he never had a chance in this world. I wasn't sorry for my loss, I was sorry for his.

"You ready tuh go home?" Danny asked me. I nodded in response.

He asked me to stay with him for a while, so we can both get through this together. Things between me and him are still awkward. We sleep in the same bed like we always have, but we're usually on far separate sides of the bed. I know he noticed how distant I am, and I know it bothers him considering how we used to be. I mean we still hold conversations, maybe share a laugh here and there but things just aren't the same anymore.

"Yeah." I said, quietly.

We said goodbye to our family and friends, and then made our way to the sprinter where the driver was waiting for us.

______

"Sesame chicken." He said, taking a styrofoam carton out of a brown paper bag and sending it sliding it across the table to me. "Ya favorite, right?"

"Yeah..but I'm not really hungry."

I was still in my black lace dress from the funeral, and I've been sitting in the same place since we got back. Just replaying the whole thing in my head over and over.

"You're never hungry." He shook his head. "You need to eat, you barley ate anything since you been hea."

"I just watched my newborn baby be put in the ground. I'm sorry if eating is the last thing on my mind." I snapped at him. "Please, just not now Danny."

He sucked his teeth and shook his head, grabbing his food. Then turned around, making his way upstairs.

I instantly felt guilty for snapping at him like that, I know he was probably just concerned about me. I've just been going through it lately, I'm trying so hard to move pass this. But it's impossible, everyday I miss Adrian more and more.

I let out a sigh, and went upstairs into Danny's bedroom. He was just lying on the bed, watching tv. He looked up at me once he noticed me standing there, then his eyes went back on the tv.

I laid down text to him, and picked up the remote; turning the tv off. Then scooted closer to him.

Danny's Point Of View