"Good afternoon sunshine. I'm assuming you're on your way?" Alessio answered after a couple rings.

"Yup, just left the house to head to the airport. Our flight is in about two hours, we should be landing in Chicago around four. You're still picking us up, right?" She asked.

"Of course, just let me know when you land and I'll come pick you up. Is your father still planning to head out with your cousin this evening?" He responded.

"Yes I am." Patrick answered for himself.

"He's from the area, correct?"

"He's from just outside of Chicago but works in downtown, so he's very familiar with the area. He's gonna show me around."

"That sounds like you have your evening planned out. We'll talk more when you both arrive, but the party begins at five tomorrow evening. It's across the city from where I live, so I plan to leave by four-thirty, so whatever you would like to do until then, that is up to you. You'll both be staying with me in my penthouse. I assume that Casey would be sharing my bedroom with myself but I have a guest bedroom as well. If you would like to make other arrangements there are no feelings hurt and I will gladly assist in covering your stay in any way possible." Alessio explained to them as they drove through the city.

"That all sound wonderful, Alessio. I do thank you for inviting me for the holidays. It truly means a lot to me." Patrick responded with a smile that only Casey could see. It warmed her heart that the two of them got along so well.

"Alright well we just got to the airport, so I will text you just before we take off." She told him as she parked her car in the parking structure that held overnight cars and paid enough to park for five days.

"Sounds good, I'll see you both later. Have a safe flight." He told them, and they hung up with one another. Casey turned her car off and got out to open the backseat to put Atlas's harness and leash on him. He hopped out of the car and they both grabbed their luggage out of the trunk, Casey slinging her backpack over her shoulder and her father getting his suitcase to roll on the floor beside him. She closed her Jeep up and locked it a few times to make sure, and they walked into the lobby from the garage. They found their way to TSA, Patrick getting his luggage onto their flight and both of them keeping their backpacks with them as carry on luggage. They went through the metal detectors and once they were through, they had a half hour before they boarded. They decided to grab some coffee and had a light conversation with one another, taking this time to catch up.

Twenty minutes later they went over to their gate, laughing and talking with one another. It was wonderful to hear her father's laugh and see his smile after a dark couple of months. She had not heard his rich laugh in a long time, and it almost brought her to tears. Another ten minutes went by and they boarded their plane, having a special seat that had only the aisle and the window seats. The middle seat was taken out for the dog to lay down and be comfortable in.

Patrick ended up sleeping most of the time, leaving Casey alone to do her coursework. Over the next three hours she was able to get ahead in her courses and was going to be able to enjoy the next couple weeks of her break. They landed in Chicago ahead of schedule, landing twenty minutes earlier than their expected arrival time. As soon as they landed Casey shot a text to Alessio saying they had landed, then she woke her father up from his nap. They grabbed their carry ons and exited the plane, following the rest of the crowd toward baggage claim so her father could grab his suitcase. Atlas had surprisingly stayed quiet throughout the entire flight, which was to her joy. That had been his first plane ride with her, but she did not know if he had been on flights before with the training he had.

Alessio met them at the pickup circle outside of the O'Hare International Airport, getting out of his car to help them load their bags into the trunk. He greeted her with a tight hug and a kiss on her cheek and shook Patrick's firmly, both of them smiling at one another.

"So we'll head back to my penthouse then go ahead and do whatever you please." Alessio said as they started their fifteen minute drive away from the airport to his home. Now it was Patrick and Alessio's turn to catch up with one another, and their conversations were refreshing. They talked like they were best friends, laughing away.

They arrived at the penthouse and unloaded their things, Patrick taking the guest bedroom and Casey putting her backpack in Alessio's room. She took the dog food, bowls, and the couple toys she brought and put them in the front of the penthouse so they were available to Atlas at all times. Once they were all settled in and Alessio showed her father around, he changed and called his cousin Rick to meet up.

An hour later Casey and Alessio had the penthouse to themselves. They decided to stay at the house and make dinner. He made dinner for the two of them, constructing pan seared scallops with orzo piccata. They ate out quite a bit, but when they cooked for one another, it took dinner to a whole different level of amazing. They threw on some music and danced around the kitchen while they ate, swaying against one another while they savored their dinner.

"Now tomorrow we can do just this all night. I can't wait for you to meet my mother, and I'm sure as hell she can't wait to meet you." He said as they set their plates down and rocked back and forth.

"I can't wait to see where you grew up." She responded with a small chuckle.

"You'll like it. There's a nice homey feel with sophistication." He described, and they both laughed. Casey stepped away to put their dishes in the sink and opened the dishwasher. She started to run the water, but he shut it off and closed the appliance and spun her around. She did not stop him, for she knew where this was leading, and she was all here for it. His lips found hers and they pulled at each others lips as their tongues danced with one another. He pulled away and found her neck, planting kisses all along her collarbone.

Luckily the guest bedroom was across the penthouse, for her father would not approve of their acts throughout the rest of the night.