32| Parents

Please hit that little like button. Thank you!! Enjoy reading 🥰

***

I got out of my car and went to the back seat to put on my suit jacket that I laid on the backseat so that it wouldn't wrinkle.

Everything will be fine.

You're a grown man meeting the love of your life's parents formally.

It's cool.

You're cool as a cucumber Noah Bailey. No biggie.

It's not like parents have always hated you for their daughters or anything.

It's not like you literally have not been able to keep a relationship your entire life. You're cool, calm, and... aw shit.

I'm going to vomit. Maybe I should have smoked a blunt before coming here.

Alright, maybe not.

I mean, it would probably be a conversation starter though.

I froze at the sound of clicks against the asphalt behind me getting closer and louder and turned quickly. A huge smile took over my face at the sight of the happy face come to life bounding my way.

My heart started to pump incredibly fast at the sight of Nala running my way, but a few steps away I saw the heel attached to her prosthetic go straight into a pothole and I lunged and grabbed her waist before she went tumbling to the ground.  

"Why the hell are you running with heels on you crazy woman?" I chuckled out and she wrapped her arms around my neck and held me tight with this huge smile on her face.

"I missed you!" she squealed and I picked her off the ground and twirled her around. And maybe the anxiousness that I felt throughout the day drifted away because the smell of strawberry shampoo took over my senses and encompassed me.

Her giggles against the crook of my neck made me feel invincible. Alright, if I don't have a bunt then she's definitely my high.

Instead of mentioning that we've been apart for less than 24 hours, I placed her gently on the ground and held the waist because holding her face would mean messing up her makeup  and looked at her in the eye, "I missed you too," I said and pushed the hair out of her face to really focus on her.

We stood there looking at each other with goofy smiles until I saw a flicker behind her and noticed her parents were watching us.

Taking a step back I cleared my throat, "Let me just get my jacket on and I'll join you." Instead of leaving me, she weaved our hands together and pulled me to the open car.

"Are you nervous?" She asked me as I rummaged through my car for a lint roller.

"Are you?" I ask her with a raised eyebrow and ran the roller over the jacket before putting my arms through it and she surprisingly shook her head.

"I thought I would be but I'm surprisingly calm."

"Well I'm not nervous in the way that you think," I said and she looked at me with a tilted head. "I'm in love with you Nala, and there isn't a person in this world that can take that feeling away from me. So I'm not nervous that they're going to change that because I'm confident in my feelings. I'm nervous for your sake."

"I want them to like you," she said, biting her lip as she fixed the collar of my dress shirt and I gave her a soft smile.

"Then I'll be getting their approval," I said with a nod and held up her pinky to which I wrapped my own around.