13| Meditation

We made it back to California which is the weirdest thing to me because that means that I left home just to come back home before we leave the country.

I'm currently sitting next to the beach view that the hotel provides on a bench with my eyes closed. I should have my thoughts completely clear but I can't help it as I sit with my arms out wide over the back of the bench and my right ankle crossed on my left knee. To be completely honest, I'm sitting like an asshole. But, I really need this time for a minute.

"Noah," The familiar voice whispers but I keep my eyes closed as I face my head in her direction. "Noah, can you hear me?"

"Yes," I respond with a raspy voice from not speaking for a little while.

"What are you doing?" She asks still in a whisper and I can't help the whisper come to my face when I feel her breath on my face and when I open my eyes she jumps back a little.

"I'm meditating."

"Oh!" She covers my eyes with her hands and shushes me. "Continue meditating, close your eyes. I just felt alone so I'm going to quietly sit with you. But I won't watch you like a creeper." I chuckle but she shushes me and takes her hands away from my face.

I feel her body sit down next to me and feel her hairbrush against my arm. She takes a big breath of the saltwater air and I feel a bit calmer than I did before she was here. It's like her presence does that to me and I'm not mad about it one bit.

I try to clear my thoughts one more time as I do another inhale.

Clear your mind Noah, it's easy. You used to do this all the time!

Yeah and how many years ago was that huh?

My stupid thoughts are drawn to an end when I hear my phone ring, but Nala slaps her hand on my eyes lightly as she takes the other to my sweater pocket and grabs the phone.

"Doctor Noah Eloy's phone, who may I be speaking to?" She answers the phone as she keeps her hand on my eyes, presumably thinking I'm going to stay in meditation while her hand is there.

"No Sir, this is his cell phone.

"Oh! He's actually meditating!

"No Ma'am he's actually doing it... ten years really?

"Oh, I don't know much about chakras and which one he's opening I guess I'll ask him later." Please don't.

"I sure will tell him. Alright, see you soon.

"Oh? Peace and love to you too I guess!" I hear her tap the phone and slide it back into my pocket and let out a content breath.

"Mind telling me what that said and taking your hand off my eyes?"

"Oh!" She takes her hand off and starts giggling as she turns towards me more. "A nice couple by the names of Aria and Adrian told me to tell you that they are expecting you to visit them tomorrow and that I'm invited whoever I am." She nods her head with a content smile and I can't help but let out a short laugh.

"Guess we're going to see them tomorrow."

"Who are Aria and Adrian?" She asks and I laugh again as I stand up and stretch before heading back to my room.

"My parents."

"Your parents? Their number isn't even saved in your phone Noah." She looks a little nervous, but I just shrug.

"They don't own a phone. And before you ask, no we don't call each other. We like letters more but they know I'm not in my home so they probably borrowed someone else's phone." I take out the key card and open up our room and go to find the piece of paper that is supposed to be our itinerary for the group adventures.

Doctor Said No Cliff Jumpingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें