Chapter two

Mary looked at the children. "Now children. This is my mother. You may call her-"
"I'm Mary Poppins." Her mother said.
"But that's your name Mary Poppins." Joanna said.
"Well yes. I would hope so." Mary Poppins said. "As I was saying, you may call her Ms. Poppins."
" 'avin a little trouble are we?" Mary Poppins mother asked.
Mary Poppins looked at her uncle. "I came to speak with you."
"Ah! Always a joy to see you Mary!" He said and hugged her.
Mary stiffened. She saved he affection for the children she was with and on off occasions, Bert. Never for anyone else.
"Eh, yes I suppose it is." Mary Poppins said and her uncle released her. Mary Poppins straightened her dress and looked at her uncle.
"You're not as youthful. I suppose you came for a check up of some sort?"
Mary Poppins nodded. "Precisely."
"Very well. Come with me." Uncle Albert said and led Mary Poppins into another room.
Jane looked at Joanna. "I do hope she's alright."
"Needn't you worry a bit. Mary is a force to be reckoned with." Ms. Poppins said.
Uncle Albert opened the door. "Mary- uh, I mean, Ms. Poppins. You may want to come speak with Mary."
Ms. Poppins nodded and walked into the room.
A shriek came from the room and Ms. Poppins ran out of the room. "The little wench."
Mary Poppins emerged from the room. "Now mother. The children-"
"I haven't a care! Get outta my sight!" Ms. Poppins said.
Mary Poppins crossed her arms. "It isn't like I'm unmarried." She said.
Jane's eyes lit up. "You're married? To who?"
Mary Poppins looked at the child. "None of your concern."
"Is it that chimney sweep? You know 'ow I feel-"
"You're married to Bert?" Micheal asked.
Mary Poppins said nothing.
"It is? You 'ad so much life a'ead of you!" Her mother snapped.
"Bert is a remarkable man. Don't you speak ill of him." Mary Poppins said and uncrossed her arms. "I don't see how this concerns him in the least and-"
"You don't see 'ow 'e is involved? I raised you better-"
"Are you quite finished?" Mary Poppins asked.
Her mother shut her mouth.
Mary Poppins looked at Bert. "You might as well know. I am with child Bert. Yes it is yours."
Bert's mouth dropped.
"You're not a cod fish." Jane said.
"Precisely." Mary Poppins said. "Don't give me that look. You knew this was to be expected." Mary Poppins said. "Now I am sure I know what is my issue. My magic will return to the way it is supposed to be in rightful time." Mary Poppins said. "Lets go. Spit spot!" Mary Poppins said and opened the door. "Come on children."
It had began to downpour now.
She ushered the children out and covered them with her umbrella.
"Mary we 'ave to talk," Bert said.
"Not at this moment." Mary Poppins said and led them down the road.
"You can't expect me to say nothin' about this." Mary Poppins said.
She led them inside the Banks house.
George Banks was speaking to his wife.
He looked up. "Well look what we have here. Mary Poppins."
"Hello. I can see I'm not needed now. Joanna let us go." Mary Poppins said.
The wind picked up outside. She lifted her head. "The winds have changed."
Joanna looked at Mary Poppins. "Does that mean you're leaving?" Joanna asked.
Mary Poppins said nothing. She ushered Joanna out the door.
Bert quickly packed his things. "Mary we need to talk! Tonight."
Mary Poppins shut the door behind them. She led Joanna to her house. Her mother and father greeting her with a warm smile.
Mary Poppins left Bert outside and packed her bags. She wasn't needed anymore. She walked her things back outside. "How strange. I haven't found the push to a new family yet." She said.
"You're not leavin'." Bert said. "Your push is to stay 'ere with your own family."
"Now Bert. Stop your nonsense." Mary Poppins said. "Just because I'm with child doesn't mean I am going to stop my work." Mary Poppins said.
"Mary you can't just leave me with the news. I'm goin' to be a father!"
"Yes, and you'll be lovely at it but you have nearly seven month until that day comes. That's enough time for me to start a new family." Mary Poppins said.
She pushed past him and the winds picked up. Not the usual winds. Not ones she was used too.
The raid sirens began to go off. Mary looked at Bert. "Go to shelter."
The other family's ran out of their houses and ran for the shelters.
Winifred Banks saw the two. "Come! You two need to be in the shelter." She called.
"Bert go." Mary said.
"If you don't stay then I won't be here when you come back." Bert snapped and ran after the Banks family.
Mary Poppins said nothing and watched him disappear. Then the bombs fell.
The ground and Mary heard a cry. A small child laid in the ground curled in a Ball. Mary Poppins ran to her and picked her up. A bomb fell nearby sending Mary Poppins to the ground. The at knocked out of her and she felt blood drip down her face. She child Shrieked.
Mary Poppins saw the child wasn't hurt. Only frightened.
Mary Poppins wasn't left unscratched. She had forgotten than with pregnancy came the ability to get injured. She pushed herself up. "Let's get you to the shelter."