"Breakfast is ready!" Sophia's voice rang through the mansion.

"What's the special occasion?" I laughed, as we walked into the kitchen.

"We just heard a celebration was in order." She winked in our direction.

I felt my cheeks flush as Aiden roared in laughter. Niklaus proceeded to punch him in the arm, successfully shutting him up.

Niklaus walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"We're going to have to kick them out now." He whispered in my ear, causing me to bark out a laugh.

I press a kiss on his cheek.

I felt a tug on my shirt, my Sophia's big green eyes looking up at me.

"Yes, baby?"

"Does this mean you're actually going to marry daddy like he said?"

I chuckled, lifting her up, setting her on my hip.

"No promises." I teased, giving Niklaus a playful smile.

We all sat down to eat. Sophia had served and set out the plates already.

"A celebration actually is in order... not only was I giving a chance to be with the love of my life." Niklaus threw me a wink. I roll my eyes at him, and he chuckled. "I'm promoting Aiden as my second in command."

Aiden choked on his pancake, Sophia lightly patting his back.

"Since Giovanni's death, I've been putting off finding someone to fill the position, but last night I realized that, in my own way, I was saving his place for him, like he was going to walk through that door any day now and he's not going to." He sighed heavily.

"He was very fond of you, Aiden, and you really stepped up to the plate when I needed you to."

Aiden slightly coughed.

"Thank you, Niklaus." He said humbly.

"Congratulations, fuck ass, you deserve it." I flashed him a big smile.

"Mommy, what's a fuck ass?" Sophia's voice rang with curiosity as she looked up at me.

Goddamnit.

"Yeah, mommy, what's a fuck ass?" Niklaus stared at me, amusement swirling in his eyes, a smirk on his face.

I looked my Sophia straight in her eyes and with a serious expression said, "Your daddy, right now."

The kitchen filled with laughter. Sophia's eyebrows furrowed slightly but she let it go, turning back to her plate to finish eating.

Niklaus and I laid on his bed, while my Sophia and Otis harrassed Aiden and Sophia outside.

I laid with my head on his chest, one of his hands playing with my hair while the other rested next to mine that was wrapped around his waist.

"Come with me to Colombia next week." I whispered.

"Okay." His response was nonchalant, like I had just asked to use the restroom, not asked him to come meet my family.

"Really? Just like that? I thought I was going to have to bargain with you."

He chuckled.

"I want to do this right, amore. I want to meet your family, your country, your people. I need to prove to you that I'm worth it."