Chapter 8

It's been 6 years since I ran out of the abortion clinic. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I laid there staring at the ceiling while the doctor prepared everything, my thoughts consumed with the little blob I had seen just the day before. A single tear ran down my cheek and that was all I needed to completely crumble. The tear soon turned into uncontrollable sobbing, my body violently shaking, hugging my stomache tightly. I couldn't follow through, so I ran out of there like a bat out of hell. As soon as I was back in my hotel room, I grabbed whatever I had brought with me and called a cab to take me to the nearest airport. I couldn't leave any traces of where I went. Once I got to the airport, I bought myself and Otis multiple tickets to different locations with my father's credit card as a distraction then bought our tickets using my fake ID to New York with my Switzerland account debit card.

As soon as I got to New York I got a new identity using my contacts from the black market, I got a driver's license, social security number, passport, everything I would ever need. It cost me a pretty penny, but it was worth it for my child's safety. I also bought a 5 bedroom house with a white picket fence in a beautiful neighborhood, the perfect distance away from the city where we were still near everything but also had the suburban feel to it. I paid it off cash. I lived off the money from my Switzerland account and take jobs off the black market every now and then.

My whole world has been consumed by this little girl, she has me completely wrapped around her finger. The pregnancy was hard, especially towards the end. Being alone with no one to lean on for support really sucked. I considered going back home multiple times, but my mind plagued with evil thoughts of what would happen when I showed up with my little Sophia Nicole. She looked just like her father, the spitting image. She has the light skin tone, his mother's big mesmerizing green eyes, full lips, thick brown curls going down her back, she even has his dimples when she smiles real big.

 She has the light skin tone, his mother's big mesmerizing green eyes, full lips, thick brown curls going down her back, she even has his dimples when she smiles real big

Being a single parent is tough. I don't think I got a full eight hours of sleep until she was 3. Now it's impossible to wake her up before 9, not that I really mind. We spend all of our time together. The only time we're apart is when I have to go on a job and our neighbor's daughter, Kristina, comes to take care of her.

Otis and Sophia are the best of friends. Otis had grown to a whopping 120 lbs, but he's the biggest baby. I had continued with his training and he got his certification as a guard dog. It calms my anxiety when I leave for a job knowing that Otis will do whatever to protect Sophia.

 It calms my anxiety when I leave for a job knowing that Otis will do whatever to protect Sophia