Chapter 27

My eyes started to flutter open. My head still groggy from the drugs. The cold, damp concrete under my body caused me to shiver. I went to hold my head to soothe the throbbing pain, and noticed the chains around my wrists. My eyes followed the chains as I sat up, and land on a tall brick wall. I was chained to the wall like a damn animal. I look around the dim room, the only light coming from a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling. My sight lands on a motionless body curled up about 7 feet away in a dark corner. My heart stops as I realize it's Giovanni.

I use the wall as support as I try to stand and slowly walk over to him. I drop to my knees infront of his body, tears streaming down my face as I cautiously pull on his shoulder to roll him on his back. I let out a heartwrenching sob as I take in his appearance. His bloodied face was hardly recognizable. Cuts and bruises decorated his face, his left eye swollen shut, dry blood around his mouth and nose.

I craddle his body close as I nuzzle my face in his neck, crying. I felt has his hand reached up, stroking my hair.

"It's okay, tesoro. I'm fine." He softly choked out, not even trying to hide his pain anymore.

"What did they do to you, cariño?" I asked quietly, but I didn't want to know the answer.

"Don't worry about it." He muttered as he sat up, wincing in pain. "How are you? Are you hurt?" He examined my appearance and cursed as his eyes landed on my face.

His fingertips gently grazed my left cheek where Miguel had punched me. I flinched at the contact as the pain radiated through my entire left side of my face. He quickly pulled his hand away.

"Who did that to you?" Pure rage consumed his eyes.

"Miguel." I whispered.

"Fucking piece of shit!" He yelled, slamming his fist down on the concrete.

I reached out to him, carefully grabbing his beaten face. "Hey, it's okay, cariño. I can handle a punch." I tried to comfort him. His eyes softened just a bit as he leans forward and kisses my lips.

I heard as footsteps approached, I muttered a quick "I love you" before crawling back to my orginal spot.

I watched as Miguel's figure walked into view. A sinister smile on his face as his cold eyes landed on mine, sending a shiver down my spine. He walked right up to me and yanked me up by my hair, forcing me to stand. I bit my tongue, holding back from yelping in pain. My eyes flickered to Giovanni as he tried to go after Miguel but the chains prevented him from getting closer enough.

Miguel let out a laugh that would make the Pope himself want to perform an exorcism.

"I only wanted Cattleya and Sophia, but man, am I going to have fun fucking with you before I kill you." He directed his words to Giovanni, sending my body into a panic attack.

I was overwhelmed by the feeling that I couldn't get my heart to slow down, fearing that I'd have a heart attack right here. My mind going a hundred miles per hour, my palms were sweating profusely, my body trembling with fear at the thought that Miguel was going to kill Giovanni.

"I don't care if you kill me, just don't hurt her." He yelled back, bravely. His voice was strong.

"Hurt her? I'm not planning on hurting her. I'm going to make her my wife." He stated matter of factly, making my heart dropped to my stomach.

His wife? What drugs is this man on?

"What?" Giovanni and I asked in unison, with the same confusion.