Chapter 32

After spending what felt like an eternity in my father's office, discussing everything that would need to be done in order for me to step up. Most of it being how to operate the business side of the cartel and gaining my people's trust after basically abandoning them and having a child with the enemy.

Former enemy is a better term as they are now our ally. A very powerful one at that. With the war going on with the Mexican cartel, the Italian mafia by our side is just what we need to put an end to Miguel's reign.

Aiden and I were walking down the hallway when I heard Sophia's voice echoing through the mansion, screaming my name. I turned around just in time to see her and brace myself for impact as her entire body collided with mine, sending us flying to the ground.

Typical Sophia move. She would be great at American football.

I was immediately attacked with kisses as she squeezed the life out of me.

I tried to laugh, but I couldn't breath. I slammed my palm down on the floor repeatedly, tapping out, hoping she'd understand.

"If I wasn't so excited to see you, I'd kick your ass for leaving me, you dumb bitch."

I barked out a laugh as she stood up allowing air to flow through my lungs. She extended her arm out to help me stand. Once I was up, I took in her appearance, she was as beautiful as ever.

 Once I was up, I took in her appearance, she was as beautiful as ever

"God, I missed you." I pulled her into a tight hug.

"I missed you, too." She said as she pulled away.

Sophia's body slightly jumped as her eyes landed on Aiden. Her hand flying to her chest.

"Oh, fucking christ in heaven..." She was genuinely shocked to see him standing less than 2 feet away. "Hi, I'm Sophia, I didn't see you there."

Aiden slowly looked her up and down, taking in her appearance with a smirk on his face and amusement in his eyes.

"You didn't see a 6" man walking next to Cattleya in the middle of an empty hallway?" He asked seriously, disbelief in his voice.

Yup, she's a special one.

"You weren't my target, so no."

And a sassy one.

He chuckled. "I'm Aiden." Flashing her a brilliant smile.

I felt Sophia's body creep closer to mine.

"Is he yours?" She whispered in my ear, not at all secretive, her eyes never leaving his.

"No." I whispered back.

"Good, cause he is tall and handsome." She gave him a wink, causing Aiden to laugh.

Her eyes went wide with admiration when she heard his laugh. Letting out a breath as her cheeks turned a rose tint.