Chapter 3

Ding. The elevator rings as we reach the lobby.

As I go to step out, Niklaus' hand reaches out to grab mine, stoping me in my tracks. I look down to see his fingers intertwined in mine, and can't stop the blush from appearing on my face from his sudden public display of affection. It was dangerous for us to get caught like this, but I have to admit, it made the butterflies go wild in my stomach and warmed my soul.

Niklaus' chuckle brought me out of my thoughts

Niklaus' chuckle brought me out of my thoughts. I look up to see him patiently waiting for me to get my shit together, with his signature smirk plastered on his face.

I roll my eyes before walking past him. Our fingers still intertwined, pulling him with me. He stumbles at first, but easily catches up to match my pace.

"If you were anybody else, I would have put a bullet between those pretty little eyes already, amore." He playfully growls in my ear, with a hint of seriousness.

I loved pushing his buttons. His short temper made it so easy to get a reaction out of him.

"What? Big bad Niklaus doesn't like being dragged across the lobby by a girl?" I chuckle.

He rolled his eyes. "You will be the death of me, Cattleya." He muttered, more to himself than anything.

I chuckle, not being able to control the slight pull in my heart hearing him call me by my name instead of "amore"

I really am a spoiled brat... hm, who knew.

We're now exiting the lobby, the Telsa is already parked out front waiting on us. Niklaus makes his way to the passenger side door, and opens it for me. Never getting go of my hand until I'm fully in the car. He gently closes my door before getting in the driver side. He turns on the car and it purrs to life, before he holds his hand out to me. I smile at his gesture before placing my hand in his, intertwining our fingers once again. I look into his eyes and see pure admiration in them. His eyes matching the smile on his face.

God, this man is breath taking.

"What store are we heading to? As much as I love seeing you in my clothes, I don't think our parents would have the same reaction."

I chuckle at the thought of my father's face if I were to show up in Niklaus' clothes after disappearing for the night.

"Any store is fine. You're the one paying, right? So you choose." I wink at him playfully.

He rolls his eyes while letting out a small chuckle. "You know damn well I'd never let you pay for anything while you're with me."

He starts to head out of the parking lot of the hotel. The rest of the ride is pretty much nothing but constant teasing and blissful laughter. He made me feel normal for once. He was like a breath of fresh air after been held under water for too long.