Chapter 62: Demons

Chapter 62: Demons

Cole stood on the helipad leaning next to the door as Cassie stood next to him, then the door swung open and out steps, Bertrand, as he was looking for the helicopter that was supposed to be there ready for him. But it was empty, he steps out, even more, looking around the area and in the sky for any signs of his ride. Then Cole and Cassie step away from the wall and walks towards him, Cole out his amp as Cassie charges her arm. "Looking for something?" Cassie questions, making Bertrand freeze and look over his shoulder at them. "Your chopper's gonna be a little late," Cole calls out.

Then Bertrand turns to them and huffs at then, holding his arms out to the side, "Took you a while to find me." he states and Cassie shrugs at him. "You were exactly an easy person to find, but learning all your dark secrets made it worthwhile," Cassie informs him as they step closer towards him. "Selling Forced Conduits. Don't you have enough money already?" Cole questions him.

Bertrand took a few steps back. "The world needs to experience first hand the evil of our kind," he informs him, jesting between him and the two. Cassie shook her head in disbelief as Cole was taken back by his answer. "What? You're trying to scare people?" he questions him as they both step closer and be steps backward. "Yes. Conduits must be cleansed from this Earth," he informs him, Cassie nods her head as she was not happy. "So you're gonna kick start a genocide." Cole states and Bertrand frowns. "Conduits are an abomination!" he snaps, Cassie rolls her eyes, "Really? Is that what you think?!" she snaps at him. "Do yo really think that I'm the Demon, and Cassie a devil-spawn?" Cole questions him.

Bertrand just looks at them, "The Demon of Empire City and his Devil-Spawn!" Cole quotes him and Bertrand looks away from them. "No, Cole, I think we're both demons. Our pride has turned us into monsters," he states, then Cassie laughs at him, running her hand over her face as down, looking at him. "You know what, I get it now. I get why you hate conduits so much," she states as Bertrand looks at her and Cole just smirks. "You found out you had the gene and wanted to become an angel, so you took the swamp dwellers and prostitutes into the bayou and killed all of them, but when you activated your gene, you were hideous, not the power you were hoping for and therefore you hated anyone that was a different conduit then you and this is you throwing a tantrum because you are nothing more than a goddamn over-sized maggot." she throws at him, this makes Bertrand steps back in rage. "You better watch yourself now, young lady. I can turn into that thing again. Oh, there will be blood on both our hands." he warns her.

Cassie nods at him, looking down at her hand as she raised it up and the electricity pulsed over her hand. "What makes you think there isn't already blood on them?" she questions him, frightening Bertrand a little. "You really wanna talk about blood? You're the one who tries to trick humanity into killing anybody with a power!" Cole reminds him as Cassie moves the electricity between her hands then Bertrand marches at them. "Conduits are not apart of the divine plan! They are just a product of science! Fueled by Man's greed and the whispering of the Devil in our ears, Cole" Bertrand shouts, "Says the fucking fanatic that murdered innocent people!" Cassie shouts back at him.

Cole places his hand on Cassie's shoulder, "See, that's where you're wrong, Bertrand. Conduits aren't monsters. No, see powers don't kill people. Oh no, it the person behind the powers that kill people." Cole reminds him, charging up his amp. Bertrand just nods at him "That's right." he mutters then ran to the edge and jumps off. The two ran to the edge and watched as Bertrand shifted back into the Behemoth. Cassie growls as she took her stance and Cole glares at the Behemoth. "Cole, get Cassie and get on the back of my truck, man! We're gonna lure him outta here. Laroche has an ambush all setup." Zeke informs him as he coughs a little.

He nods, placing his amp away, then grabs Cassie's arm and they both took off running, they jumped off and glides down to the truck Zeke was in and land on the back, "Go, go, go!" Cassie shouts as she bangs on top of the hood. Then Zeke took off and Bertrand followed them. "Looks like he took the bait. Laroche, you see them from your chopper?" Zeke asks as the two were watching Bertrand destroy oil stations and catwalks. "Haha! I'm catching it all! Bertrand's like a dumb animal hen he's all monstered out. You guys lead him like a lamb to slaughter." Laroche laughs, Cassie grips onto the truck as Cole kept his balance. "Yeah Cole, Cassie, let's not let the Lamb get too close, okay?" Zeke asks them.