Chapter 12: Masquerade & Medical Field

The two conduits jumped from roof to roof, running into Militiamen, so they took them down and restrained them, keeping them alive. But as they were ready to jump to the clock tower and overlook the city their phones ring, making then stop in midair, glide down and then they answered their phones. "Hey guys, some of then Militia are disguised in the park nearby. Go check it out." Zeke informs them, "Will do." Cassie answers him and then she hung up as Cole hang up as well.

They nodded at each other, then ran to the park, which wasn't that far away, they ran across the street and they walk into the park, the look at the centerpiece and saw new men statutes both of bronze and white, "Where those there before?" she asks him, they both stop, Cole crossed his arms and the tilt their heads looking at the statues. But suddenly they came alive and ran at them, "Whoa!" they both shouted as they were taken by surprise and then back up, separating, drawing half of the crowds to them, Cole pulls out his Amp as Cassie pulled loose her whip and they fought of the men. One socked Cole in the face, the man got a swift kick in the jaw, another punched Cassie in the gut, making her stumble back and hold her stomach, but she growls as she raised her head at him, then headbutted him.

She then growls as she looks at the men that were surrounding her, electricity sparked from her eyes then down her arm that grip her whip tightly, then her whip was cracking with electricity, making it brighter, the men step back, but she spins then spun her whip along with her. The lighting on her whip shout out and knocks back anything that it came into contact with. The Militiamen went flying right out and smack against the walls and floors of where they landed, Cole knocks down the last of the men he had to deal with then turns and looks at Cassie, and was in awe as he saw all the men that she took on. He places his Amp away ten steps over the bodies of the dead Militia and stood next to her. He whistles and looks down at the bodies and then back at her as she calms down as her power retreats back into her body. "You good there?" he asks her as she wraps her whip back around her body, "That felt good," she admits and then exhales. Cole smirks and wraps his arm around her shoulder, "That my little photographer, was fantastic." he tells her, she looks up at him and smiles, then they walk away from the park with smiles on their faces.

~8~8~8~

The two walk down the sidewalk discussing things what would they rather do. "So if it came down to it, would you do it?" she asks him and he nods at her, impressed with her question, "Good point, it's a difficult question to answer," he informs her, she just smiles with her heads behind her back. But the stop as a man waves them down, they jog up the street and stopped in front of him. "Our medical supplies were confiscated. We'll have to close the clinic if you can't get them back. I'll light a flare so you'll know where to put it." he informs them. The two nodded at him and then they ran down the sidewalk, across the street, and into the alley.

But no Militia men or medicine were in sight, but they looked up at the building in front of them and then they exchanged looks with each other. They nodded at each other and then started to climb the walls, trying to reach the top. They make it to the second roof and pulled themselves up, the ran around to the ladder and Cassie climbs up first and Cole followed after her, she then pulls him up and then they both turn and looks at the Militiamen and they charged. The men fired at them and they then dodge the blast and Cassie pull her whip loose and cracks then guns out of their hands, they grunted and screamed in pain as the rifles were smack right out of their hands. She then pulls her whip back and Cole charged forward, pulling out his Amp and swung at them, sending them right off the roof and smack against the ground.

The two ran over to the side and looks down at them, they both exhaled and then looked each other, they turn to the cooler of medicine and Cole placed his Amp away and walk over to it, "Cassie, go long." he tells her, she smirks at him, then jumps off the ledge, glides onto the power-line then lands on the other roof, Cole then uses his Kinetic pulse, raising the cooler, then he looks at Cassie as she waves her arms at him, he then sent it flying right at her, she stood ready and as it was going to smack her, she raised her hands and stops it in mid-air and then walks over to the edge of the building where the flare was at, Cole grinds against the power-line and lands on the roof as she then looks down and drops the cooler onto the drop-off. The two smiled at each other and the drop down from the roof, landing on the ground next to the cooler and they ran out of the alley and to the doctor.

But he wasn't that far from them, the moment they turn the corner, he was right there, they slide in their spot and looks at him, then they exchanged looks and shrugs then walk up to the doctor, informing him that the job was done. "You saved a lot of lives today! If you're ever injured, please come see us," he tells him and offers his hand to Cole, who shook his hand, then the doctor then shook Cassie's hands as well. "Good luck doc," she tells him, he nods at her, then let's go and walks off.