Chapter 35: Ship of Fools & Heavy Weapons

The two conduits were walking along the roof and Cassie looks down at her hands as the red was radiating off them, "This feels weird." she mutters, Cole stops and looks at her. She shakes her hand and makes it stop, then flexes her hands. Cole walks back up to her and places his hands on her shoulders. "I know this feels strange having another power, but it will pass, just like how having our powers past." he assures her, "But that took weeks, Cole." she reminds him, he nods and rubs her arms. "Just give it time," he tells her.

Cassie exhales and nods at him, he smiles and pulls her into his arms. Calming her down. Then they pulled apart and then jumps down to the alley, but saw a man waving at them. So they walk up to him "That boat pulled up and started firing into the crowd. You gonna stop them, right?" he asks the two, they both exchanged looks and then they nod and ran out of the alley and looks for the boat, they ran to the far side, next to the fort and saw the boat, they fired at it, but it only hit wiring an fencing. Then Cassie looks down and jumps onto the ledge and ran up close to the boat. Cole followed after and they both jumped over and glide down to the boat then they both did the thunder slam and knock the men back, Cassie pulls up her fist and swung at them, sending them into the fence as Cole swung his Amp at them then Cassie shot out her hands and sent electricity on the fence, shocking them to death.

Once they drop dead, Cassie pulls her hand back and Cole finished off the rest and they both felt the boat was sinking, the jump to the top of the boat then glided back to the city and turn back as they watched boat sink into the water.

~8~8~8~

Cassie cracks her neck and followed after Cole as they walk along the sidewalk. Then one of the Rebel ran up to the two and they both stop. "A chopper's got us pinned down, and we... we're out of Ammo." the man warns them, the two exchanged worried looks and nod at the rebel. they followed him and arrived at the battlefield, that chopper was laying waste to the Rebel, Cassie, charges up her powers and then fires at the chopper, but instead of her electric powers it was firepower instead, a fireball few up at the chopper and took it out with a single blast. It spun out of control and blew up. Cassie looks down at her hands and then they saw a Devourer and a Revear, "Shit." Cassie mutters then pulls out her whip as Cole pulls out his Amp. But they weren't glowing with electricity, Cole's Amp was giving off frost waves and Cassie's Whip was burning with fire.

They both look down at their weapons and then they both smirk to themselves, "Come on!" Cassie calls out as she charges at them, Cole follows after her as the two charges at them, the Reaver charges at Cole as the Devourer charged at Cassie, Cole slides under the Reaver, thrusting his Amp at the underbelly, then flips them over and threw three the frost right at the thing, it squeal in pain and became a complete frosticile.

Cassie stood her ground at the Devourer threw acid spitballs at her, but she swung her whip at them, slicing right through them. It then shot it's tongue out at her, but she cracks her whip and wraps it around the tongue and hold it tightly. She then growls, sending flames right onto the tongue and into the monster's mouth. It squeals in pain and tries to pull away. But then Cole runs up next to her and fires electricity into the mouth as well. It squeals even louder then went limp on the ground. They two pant and Cassie cracks her whip again, making it loosen on the tongue of the beast and then she flicks her wrist and it wraps around her waist.

The two of them looked down at their hands and at each other, then they both started to laugh to themselves. It was kinda cool that they got new powers and it only meant one thing to them.

They were getting stronger.