Chapter 2: Sneak into New Marais

Chapter 2: Sneak into New Marais

The Beast is 1500 miles away from New Marais...

Cole leans against the rail of the front of the small boat, wearing a T-shirt, a few of his fingers were bandaged, his pants with his sneakers. Along with his courier bag and his phone.

Cassandra was leaning against the rail as well, her hair in a braid that sat on her shoulder, a dark red small loose sleeveless work-out top with a black tank-top under, new set on blue jeans with half-calf high boots, her hands have bandage wrapping on this as a bandage wrap was on her right high forearm, as her exposed skin was married with healed wounds old scars. Her choker hung on her neck with a locket as well and on her rim on her pants sat her phone.

"Hello Cole, Cassandra." Kuo states and the two look at her a little as she leans onto the side rail. Cassandra could see that she wanted to say something. "You know, when you got to talk to Wolfe, everything is going to completely..." she trails off as she looks ahead, then turns back to the head of the boat. "Zeke! Zeke! Cut the engines!" Kuo orders, waving her hands at him, he did so and she turns back to the Conduits as they walk to her, "What's up?" Cole asks her and she points behind him, "Militia blockade." she answers, Cassandra turns back and leans back against the rails and got a better look at the blockade, "If we get any closer and their artillery will sink us." Kuo informs him. Cassandra turns back to Cole as he smirks. "I guess it's time we go introduce ourselves," he states, looking at Cassandra, she nods at him and moves away from the rail and back to him.

Then they both went to jump off the boat, "Wait up, man!" Zeke calls out, the two stop and look at him as he ran to them with their new weapons in hand. "Here they are," he states holding a metal two antenna rod and rolled up the whip. Cole chuckles as he and Cassandra step up to them. "And you're sure they're ready?" Cole asks him. "Uh... I hope so. Give them a try." Zeke states and offers the weapons to them. Cole took the rod as Cassandra took the whip. Cole flicks the rod a little and it jumps out and the two antennae concentrated the electricity, Cassandra flicks her wrist a little and the whip powers on as the electricity spirals around the whip. Kuo jumps back as Zeke chuckles a little at them "I'll be damned." he states as Cole swung his rod around a little "Whoa." Kuo breaths as Cassandra swung her away from the others and electricity sparks as the whip crack at the rail. "Cole she states and took a hold of the tail on the whip in her hand. "What are those?" Kuo asks him, Zeke looks at her, "I call it the Amp and Whip Cable." he answers and Cassandra snaps the whip and it coils secured around her hips.

Cole looks at Zeke and nods, "Good work Zeke." he states then both he and Cassandra jump at the rail, Thanks, brother! Now go have some fun." Zeke tells them, they both stop and look back at him, "These are gonna make of an impression." Cole states they and jumps off.

They downland on the docks, then ran off the dock and into the forest, "Hey Kuo, does the NSA even know what you're to with me?" Cole asks the NSA agent. "I took a... leave of absence," she answers him. Cole looks at Cassandra and she shrugs a little at him. "Why is that? I mean, you seem pretty by the numbers." Cole as her as they jump over a fallen tree. "The NSA plans to deal with the Beast by developing the military. Wolfe has a better plan: you and Cassandra. He invented the Ray Sphere technology. You want enough power to defeat the beast, he's your man." Kuo informs him. A bridge then gave us and the two jump, using their thrusters to glide over them and land on the other side. Then one of the Militia came out and fired at them, Cole pulls out his Amp and swung at him, "He's a freak!" the man shouts and Cole knocks him right out.

Then another came out, Cassandra grips her Whip Cable, it came right off her hips powering up and she swung it at him, breaking the gun of the man's hands. "She's a freak too! Kill them! Kill them!" the man shouts and she cracks her Whip Cable back at him, hitting him in the chest and he was out cold. "Hey Zeke, I think this Amp and Whip Cable is going to work out just fine," Cole inform his ex-best friend. "Alright. Hey, put a couple notches on it for me, man." Zeke asks and hung up. They both place their weapons away and took off down the path. "Except more resistance. The Militia controls everything going in or out of New Marais." Kuo informs them. "God, how could they let a bunch of hick fascists take over their city?" Cole questions as they found another dock of some sorts. Then started up the ladder, "People do strange then when they're afraid." Kuo reminds him and Cassandra sighs with a nod.