Chapter 29: Overcharged & Enemy Surveillance

The Beast is 731 miles from New Marais

Absorb 4 move Blast Cores to power the RFI

Cole and Cassandra walk down the street and then crosses the road as they were back on the sidewalk and next to the swamp. But then Cole's phone rang and they both stop and he answers it. "That Electrician rigged up another substation. We got more Militia trying to bring down the power. Let's get you charged up!" Zeke tells them, Cole and Cassie exchanged looks and then smirks at each other. Then they both took off.

They both climb up the building and then they pulled themselves up and looked at the power-box. Then Cole jumps up and lands on top of it as Cassie steps up into the box and they both were charged. Cassie gasp in surprise when she looks down at her hands and then clutches her fist tightly and looks at him. He nods at her and they both jump off, glide through the air and then grinds against the power-lines, then jumps over the roof, shocking the Militia to death as they then land down on the power-line, grinds against it and then jumps over the next roof, shocking the Militia to death.

But they ran out of power-lines and then they had to improvise and use the metal pole and shot up into the air and then glides over the roof and onto the next power-line, then they jump up into the air and lands on the power-box and kills all the Militia on the roof.

The two of them pant as they then look down at the dead men, then looks at each other. Then Cassandra lets out a laugh, Cole looks at her for a moment and then began to laugh himself.

~8~8~8~

Cole walks down the street with Cassandra next to him, but then some guy ways them down and they walk up to him. He looks around and walks up to them. "There's a swamp monster on the prowl around here. The only way to hunt that thing like that is to track it back to its lair and strike it while it sleeps. If you're man enough." he states. The two exchanged looks and Cassandra shrugs at him. They both then ran down the sidewalk and both stop at the alley and found the monster.

It then jumps onto the roof and ran, the two quickly followed after it, flying up to the roof as well, the both then gave chase and jumps over the gap and then lands on the next roof as the monster was already on the next roof. They then hop onto the power-line and speed after the monster. Then they jump onto the next power-line and speed up as well. Militia fired at them, but thankfully they missed and were gone.

The monster then lead them right to its lair, but it was not alone. Cassandra then threw out some bombs and took out the little monsters as Cole pulls the reaver's attention on him and he ran for the mansion.

Cassandra then looks over at the Reaver and then threw some stick bombs at it and it lands on the Reaver, Cole threw some as well and they explode, taking the Reaver with it. Once it drops dead. Cassandra exhales as she bends over and leans against her arms, Cole walks up towards her and pats her back. "Nice work there," he tells her, she pants and nods at him. "Right back at cha," she mutters and drops her head as Cole just leans against her.