Chapter 26: Conduit, Not Human

The Beast is 1067 miles from New Marais

Absorb 5 move Blast Cores to power the RFI

Cole and Cassandra walk along the roofs and look down at the people, but the Cemetery came into sight so they jump down from the roof and walk up to the Cemetery gate, Cole pulls the gate open and Cassie walks through the gap, he followed after her and they walk inside, Kuo was sitting on a stone, just lost in her thoughts, Cassie exchanged looks with Cole and they walk up to her. "Kuo." Cole calls out to her, she looks up at him, "Stood up and steps in front of the two.

They were surprised at her new look, Cole and Cassie smile at her, "Well, hey, that is a really new look for you." Cole informs her as he crosses arms and Cassie folds her behind her back. Kuo did the same and smiles smile at them, "Yeah, you like it?" she asks him and Cole looks behind her, "Well, you did forget a cape." he states as he steps back and Cassie shoves his shoulder a little. "But, uh... come on, it's a little extreme don't you think?" he asks her and Cassie shot him a glare, Kuo just shrugs at him. "I'm not an agent anymore. You're looking at the new me, it's a little hard to hide," she tells them, but Cassie was even more worried for her. "Kuo, please be honest with us." Cassie asks her and she looks at her "Kuo, you alright?" he asks her and she nods at them, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine, but it uh, it's kinda cute that you care." she states and touches Cassie's cheek, but Cassie gasp in pain as she felt the cold touch of harsh frostbite.

She turns away from them with her hand on her check as there was a chunk of ice on her cheek, "Cassie!" Cole states as he places his hand on her shoulder and looks at her, Kuo steps behind them, but kept her distance, "I, I'm really sorry I didn't... I don't." Kuo tries to apologize to her and the turns back to her with a glare in his eyes, "You got to learn how to control your powers." he snaps at her, Kuo was hurt by his words, she wanted to say something but nothing came. Cassie looks back at them as the chunk of ice melts away from her check. She then places her hand on Cole's arms and he looks at her, "We were no different from her." she reminds him, he exhales and looks away as Kuo sat down on the steps. "Forget it, it's fine. You just need some time, alright," he tells her as Cassie walks over and sat down next to her. "Believe me if anybody knows what you're going through, it's me and Cassie. Better than anyone." Cole informs her as he steps to the girls. Cassie rolls her eyes and then shook her head as Kuo shook her head and glares up at him. "No you don't MacGrath, you don't know." she snaps as she shot to her feet. "We are not the same. You and Cassandra got your powers in an explosion. It was over in a flash. What they did to me, was slow." she informs him as she steps back and then Cassie stood up. "And we're going to make all those sons of bitches pay, Bertrand included," she states and walks up to her and she places her hand on Kuo's shoulder, making her flinch. "But if we're going to fight him together you have to get in control of your powers!" Cole snaps at her and she glares at him, "Don't yell at me!" she shouts back at him and moves away from Cassie.

She looks back at Kuo and then at Cole giving him the 'WTF' looks, he went to say something. "I don't know how." she whimpers as she looks down at her hands, Cole and Cassie then look at each other and Cassie walks up to her. "But if you're willing to learn, we can teach you. We're experienced at it than you." Cassie tells her as Kuo was just breathing. She then exhales and nods, then looks at her, "Okay. Okay." she agrees with her. Cassie then looks back at Cole, "You're right." Kuo states and then inhales. "When do we start?" she asks and he nods at her. "We're gonna start right now. Let's see what you can do." Cole asks of her, "Well I can fly." she tells them and Cassie looks at her in surprise, "Alright, show us." she tells her as she gave her some space. Kuo runs out onto the grass she then floats in the air and shot forward like a bullet across the Cemetery. Cassie whistles and they ran to her, they jump over the fence and then over the brick wall and walk into the next section of the cemetery and look up at Kuo as she was standing on a tombstone. "It's pretty cool, huh?" she asks them, then flew down to the ground. "Okay. If you're trying to make us jealous. It worked." Cole informs her as Cassie nods her head as she agreed with him.