Chapter 32: Enduring Freedom

Cole and Cassie got some grubs to eat, restoring their strength and walks to the small community neighborhood. "You feeling better?' he asks her, she swallows her food and nods at him, "Much, thank you," she answers him. They finished up and then Kuo appears in front of them. "Oh hey Kuo," Cassie mutters as she threw their trash away. "The Militia just lead a bunch of captive into the swamps. I suspect they use them to bait while hunting monsters. Let's go." she informs them and flashes away.

Cassie sighs. "Kuo, we can't do what you do!" she calls out and Kuo then came back, "Hi, yeah, we can't flash around back and forth, like you and Nix can, so lead us the right way and we can get this done," Cassie informs her, Cole crosses his arms and smirks a little as Kuo nods at her. "Right, this way," she states and they ran through the community and fired at the Militiamen that stood in their way.

They then past through the swamps and then ran to the first dock, Cassie fires at the Militiamen, combining her powers with Kuo's as Cole sets the prisoner free. He then helps her back to her feet and gets her away from the fight as then they all ran back to the next dock. Cole and Kuo fires at the Militiamen, Combining their powers together, making the cold shoulder to the shooting in mid-air as Cassie sets the second prisoner free and makes her run from the swamps.

Then they ran to the next dock and they all fired at the Militiamen and sent them flying into the water, Cassie and Cole fire into the water, shocking them all to death and then Cole ran up and lets the prisoner free and Kuo tells him to run and he did so. They then ran to the mansion and fired at all the Militiamen that were stationed there. Cole and Cassie sent a vortex right at them, sending them flying back and Cassie fires at them in mid-air, killing them and the drop dead on the ground.

They then ran for the docks, Cole sent another vortex at them, making them fly back and then Kuo fires at them, killing them, Cassie threw grenades at the Reaver and so did Cole, as the wounded it, then Kuo finishes it off and Cassie ran to the edge of the dock and sets the prisoner free.

Then both Cole and Cassie rejoined with Kuo as she was already right at the gate that was close to the city. They stop behind her and Kuo turns to them. "Good work today. Moments like this making being a conduit almost bearable," she informs them and Cassie shrugs. "It does have its ups and down. But hey, you a survive to form a long fall," she informs her and Kuo laughs. "Yeah, just about."

~.~.~.~

Author's note:

Hey I need your guy's vote, Power Transferring is coming up and I need help on who's Transferring powers with who

Cole & Nix: 1

Cole & Kuo: 2

Cassie & Nix: A

Cassie & Kuo: B

I need these votes in soon or I can't finish the story. Give me your responses in soon in the next two weeks starting Monday, I'll choose myself. Just saying.