Chapter 49: Battle by the Bay & Action Shots

The Beast is in New Marais

Absorb two more blast cores to use the RFI

Cole sat on the roof next to Cassie as she was calmed down, he handed her a drink and she took it, sipping it, "How did it felt? When the Beast appear?" he asks her, she lower her drink and looks down at her feet, "Like my body wanted to rip itself apart, my head, it felt like it was on fire." she mutters, he nods at her, "This may be a new power you uncovered." he states and she looks at him "Sensing powerful and dangerous conduits. That sounds like fun." she mutters.

He just rubs her shoulder, "You'll get a hang in this, you're stronger than you give yourself credit for." he informs her but she shook her head. "I didn't almost make it after the Alden breakout if it wasn't for you," she admits and he looks at her, Cassandra still had that open wound that Alden left on her, it's wasn't easy for anyone to walk away from being beaten half to death.

But she was still able to walk away at all, she didn't seek revenge against him for it, even if she wanted to. But she stood strong. He smiles at her and hugs her tightly. "I barely did anything, you fought through it and came out better," he states, she smiles softly as she nods at him and sips her drink. But then a man waves at them from below and they both jump down and stood in front of him. "The Militia and Ice gang are killing each other out there. You should make sure they all lose," he informs them.

The two looked at each other and smirked, Cassie finished off her drink and they both turn and glides over the water and land on the dry land and they ran to the crane station and climb on top of the roof and they look out at the ice men and militia as they were firing on each other, then Cole looks down at Cassie as she looks up at him, she smirks as electricity sparks in her eyes, he chuckles and they both turn back jumping off the roof and thunder slams onto the ground, knocking a few of the Militia and icemen back.

Then Cassie pulls out her whip as Cole pulls out his amp and they swung at their enemies, knocking them down, then stood back to back "Oh what do we have here? Looks like the Swamp monsters want a piece of the action too." Cole states, Cassie giggles as she fired out rockets at the ice men and Cole threw grenades at the Militia. Then Cole threw out Ionic freeze as Cassie reels her head back and lets out the Ionic leech, stealing away the life force of the Icemen and the Militia. She gasps in shock as she felt stronger now and awful at the same time.

Cole was surprised Cassie could do that but she shook it off and charges at the little swamp monsters and kicks them dead. Then Cole fires rockets at the big Ice heavy, Cassie charges at the hive lord and kicks it right in the face with an electrically charged kick and the hive lord's head snaps out of place and it drops dead.

Cassie lands on her feet and pants as she looks at the dead hive lord, Cole walks up to her, placing his amp away. "You did that?" he asks as he looks down at the Hive lord. She pants and nods at him, the shock that her trick worked. "Nice," he states then wraps his arm around her shoulder and she wraps her arm around his waist.

~8~8~8~

The two conduits sat on the roof, listing to the music that the saxophone player was playing for them. It wasn't that bad it was relaxing. But Cassie's phone went off and she answers it as Cole looks at her, "Grab that camera and head down to the docks. Beast did a ton of damage out there, and we need to document it." Zeke informs them. Cassie nods as Zeke hung up and they both moved away from the roof and they both jump down and glide over to the docks where the Beast destroyed the cranes.

Cassie shivers at the sight of the cranes as she pulls out her camera, Cole climbs up to the top of the roof and sat down, watching her, she looks down at the big footprint left behind, so she ran over to the over light and climbs to the top. She turns looking down at the footprint, then she aims her camera and snaps a shot of it. She then turns and looks at the bend in cranes from the raw energy the beast had poured out of his control. She then looks over at the station and glides over, gripping onto the sight of the building and she climbs up to the top and pulls herself up. Then she walks over to the edge of the roof, aiming her camera at the cranes and she snaps a shot of it. "There," she mutters and looks down at her camera.

Cole stood up and walks over to her and looks over her shoulder at the pictures she took. "Those are really good," he states and she smiles. "I wanted to become a photographer when I got older, to take pictures of models or landscapes," she states, he just smiles at her. Then her phone went off and she answers it. "Go ahead." she states as she places her camera back on her hip, "We got reports of a swamp monster with a fresh kill over there. It sounds bad, but we need to study this. Go get some pictures before he sees you." he informs her.

Cassie cringes at the sound of that but stomachs it. "You think you can handle it?" Cole asks her, she just looks at him and exhales. "I can do this. I swear," she mutters, nodding at him and exhales. "Okay, let go and find the swamp monster," he states and they both jump down from the roof and the ran over behind the container and peek out, seeing the swamp monster feeding on the dead body. "I can't get a good shot from here." Cassie whispers and Cole nods at her. "Let's go around and see of you can get a better shot from there," he mutters she nods at him and they both took off, going the long way around and ran under the crane and in front of the swamp monster. "Better," Cassie whispers as she pulls out her camera and snaps the picture.

Cole nods at her as she got a perfect shot of it and he charges at the swamp monster and kills it, Cassie then ran up to the body and saw that the woman was already dead. She exhales and closes the woman's eyes. "This place this hopping! We got ice soldiers moving in. before you heat things up, grab a few shots of them using their powers." Zeke informs them over her phone, "Roger." Cassie states as they both ran over and saw the ice men and the swamp monsters fighting. "You take pictures, I'll fight them off." he states, she looks at him and nods.

Cassandra then climbs up one of the cranes and took her position, Cole then pulls out his amp and charges at his enemies. Cassandra aims her camera and took a shot of an iceman jumping up in mid-air. Then took another shot of an ice heavy on top of his tower and firing an ice beam at Cole. Who in return fires his bolts at the man, destroying his tower and taking down the ice heavy. Cassie smirks as he took out the ice men with rockets and grenades.

Cole then recharges his powers as the swamp monsters charge at them. But then Hive lord birthed, birthing pods and Cassie quickly got her shot as Cole smashes the pods. "Yes! Got everything." she mutters, sending the pics to Zeke, "That's enough sightseeing for now. Whoa, man, we hit the jackpot this time!" Zeke cheers.

Making Cassie smile then she places her camera down and glides off the crane, over the hive lord and thunder slams onto its back, causing it to cave in and he was dead. Cole kicks at the small bugs, killing them and he places his amp away and exhales. All the swamp monsters were dead as was the ice men then he turns to Cassie as she stood up and hops off the hive lord. She then steps up to Cole as he looks at her, "You got everything?" he asks her, she looks at him and nods. "Good, let's move," he states and they both took off running.