chapter 18

Dear diary,

                Here I am again with the same problem I’m in a bad place with Aaron again. I want to be mad at him, I want to scream in his face but I don’t want to, not really anyways. Does that make sense? Well I know what I mean anyways, he thinks or thought I was cheating on him with my twin! I feel bad that I didn’t tell him but damn talk about jumping to conclusions. I don’t know what to do, everything lately  it has just been feeling to overwhelming it’s not going to be long before I just stop giving a f***. Stuff like this is what makes me miss home.

I looked at the green paper with my neat script hand writing, I bit my lip thinking of anything else to write but nothing came to mind. I’m doing the same thing I always do avoiding the problem instead of facing it head on and I know Aaron’s getting worried he’s messaged and texted and tried getting me to answer him on facebook but I can’t I know with how confused I am right now I’ll say something I’ll regret.

Speak of the devil and he shall apear that’s what they say isn’t it, almost as if reading my mind I get a new call from Aaron. I declined the call and it went straight to voice mail. I picked up the phone hesitantly to listen to the message as if it would clarify everything instead of making it more confusing for me.

“Anna, please pick up the phone. I miss you, I’m sorry for jumping the gun and assuming things, please just tell me what’s going on.”

I knew I shouldn’t have answered it he’s trying to meet me half way and I’m just pushing him away like I do everyone and everything. And his voice… it really made me miss him. I picked up the phone ready to dial and just dropped it what would I say? Did I even want o explain the situation to him? No. Did I want to keep him? Yes.

“Erg!” I fell backwards onto my pillow face first and screamed into it. “Couldn’t I have a normal family; it would make things less complicated.” I thought aloud.

“Well you could but then I probably would be your annoying brother instead of your awesome sexy ass brother.” Jake spoke making me jump, because I didn’t realize he was here.

“In your dreams maybe.” I teased half heartedly.

“What’s got you so down in the dumps?” He scowled at my less then eager retort.

“Nothing.” I lied slipping up the façade I normally use when I’m pissed off, he’d never see through it.

“Right…” he drug the word out in disbelief the fact he saw the wall go up will probably make it harder to go around, but I’m an amazing actress when it comes to hiding this stuff. “ok get the hell out of bed, now. You’re coming with me.”

I started to protest but he just raised his hand and signaled that I wasn’t going to get out of this, or get an apology for his rude behavior.

I stood up only feeling a quick pang of embarrassment at the fact I was in p.j’s and my hair was probably needing some smoothing down. I looked over at Jake to see him hiding his laughter.

I went to the closet and picked out a pair of hot pink shorts that were normal length for most girls but felt short on me they had a rhinestone in the middle for the button. I threw on a stripped neon green crop top that had pink written across the front and a pair of my green flip flops. I just used my fingers to smooth the beach waves in my hair and I was ready for where ever Jake had planned to take me.

“Now what,” I stood there in the middle of the room scowling at Jake.

He squirmed under my gaze “now you just follow me.” He sounded way to chipper for my liking I just wanted to punch him in the back.