" I Didn't See Them"

Começar do início

  Rosalie swung the bat hitting the ball head on as it released a thunder like boom.

  "That's gotta be a home run" Bella stated as she watched the ball soar straight into the woods, she was in awe.

  Esme laughed at her shocked look, "Edward is very fast."

  In less that 5 seconds the baseball was hurdling back towards home plate and landing into Esme's awaiting glove. Rosalie slid into the base right as Esme lowered her mit, connecting it to Rosalie's leg. They both looked up to Bella to hear the official call.

  "You're out" Bella stated timidly, knowing Rosalie wasn't her biggest fan to begin with and watching as the blonde sent her a murderous glare causing her to shy away.

  "Out, yes!" Emmett cheered before seeing the look in his wife's face "babe, cmon, it's just a game!"

  Carlisle made his way to the plate next, whispering "nice kitty" as he passed his tempered daughter. Swinging his bat a couple times, he was prepared for Alice's next pitch, the bat connected to the ball before he took off.

  Edward and Emmett both lunged for the flying ball without noticing each other only to collide in the air, knocking them both into heaps on the ground. They sat up, surprised, before being overcome by laughter.

  Nixie couldn't breathe. She was stuck on the side trying to discreetly turn away so no one would notice her dilemma. Her head was pounding and every time the ball connected with the bat it echoed inside her head. Bending over, she placed her hands on her knees as she struggled to inhale a breath.

  Jasper made his way to the plate next, glancing towards Nixie and instantly losing his smile. "Babe!" He called out as he went to make his way over.

  Nixie instantly stood up, holding her breath and giving him a small wave letting him know she was alright. She wasn't, but she didn't want him to know that.

  Hesitantly, Jasper backed off before preparing himself to bat again. Right as Jasper's bat hit the ball, 2 things happened.

  1) Nixie collapsed into the grass and started dry heaving as she held her throbbing head, no longer able to keep up her charade.

And 2) Alice went completely still at the pitchers mound before letting out a terrified "STOP!"

  Jasper's eyes made their way to Nixie, instantly spotting her hunched over on the ground and he raced over to her, his family not far behind. "Nixie!" He yelled as he gripped her face, lifting it to meet his. "Nixie" he tried again "babe, what's wrong?"

  Nixie couldn't hear the words coming out of Jasper's mouth, in fact the only thing she could hear was the incessant ringing in her ears. She gripped the sides of her head with alarming force and she gritted her teeth. "Nix...Nixie....NIXIE!" She sucked in a breath as her hearing returned, releasing her head, arms instead gripping onto Jasper's that were still cradling her face.

  Jasper breathe a sigh of relief before pulling Nixie into a tight embrace. "What the hell was that?" He questioned. Before she could respond he heard Alice's quiet "I didn't see them."

  The family quickly moved their worried gazes from Nixie to Alice as the pixie like vampire repeated herself "I didn't see them."

  Edward instantly tensed as he read his sisters thoughts, before hastily gripping Bella and dragging her to the car.

  "It's too late" Carlisle sullenly informed him, making Edward stop in his tracks as a look of pure pain and loathing covered his face.

  "I'm so sorry" he apologized to Bella "I should've never brought you here."