"Really, mom? I wanna know more! I heard that people like me have talents to become an exorcist."

"They are. But becoming an exorcist need years of training. But, I can see that you have the talent."

"So many people called me crazy. What do you think?"

"No, you're not crazy. You have a gift, a talent of sight! But sometimes people are afraid of those like you. Sometimes they are afraid of things they don't understand. You are special, Shizuka. Whatever happens to you in the future, don't forget that you have something that will enable you to help people. Always be kind to others. Put this in your mind, your father and I will always love you."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Go away, you freak! We don't need you here!"

No, please! I just want to be friends!

"Look, she's talking to herself again. A witch."

"A crazy kid, from a crazy family. What a loser!"

Stop calling me that! I'm not a freak!

________________________________________________________________________________

Lucifer was awakened when he felt someone hold his hand. He realized that Shizuka was asleep and mumbled. He unmasked himself of his breathing mask and caressed her cheeks gently as to take a look at her. It had been a couple times to saw her asleep beside him. She was so beautiful, even in her sleep, and he loved the peaceful look on her face every time she closed her eyes. Every time he looked at her, he forgot about his pain.

Shizuka yawned when he looked at her. She finally saw him smiled gently.

"Hello, Shizuka. Do you have a good sleep?"

"Lucifer! You finally awake!", she exclaimed. He chuckled when she hugged him tenderly. She knew how delicate his condition was, and she didn't want to risk on hurting him.

"I see that you are asleep beside me. You must be waiting for me to awake. I apologize for making you worry."

"I heard that you were in pain again, and just as I arrived here to see you. Lucifer, what's wrong with you earlier?"

"Something was wrong with my throat. I felt like it's irritated, and the wound was going to tear itself again. That's why I don't feel comfortable. I'm sorry that you saw me like this", he closed his eyes remembered the incident. Shizuka ran her hand over his messy hair, and she nodded. He saw her taking something from her satchel. It was a container filled with liquids. "What is this?"

"This is a potion I made for you. I know that this might not going to help much for slowing down the deterioration, but I hope this will eased your pain. Don't worry, it's made of herbs safe enough for demons."

"Thank you", he thanked her. He wanted to ask her something. It was related with her mumbling during her sleep, but he was afraid to hurt her feelings. "Shizuka, I heard that you were mumbling while you fell asleep. You must have an unpleasant dream."

"Yeah. I have this since you mentioned that you have nightmares. I think it's odd that I have it too. Sorry if you heard me talking when I was asleep."

Lucifer laughed softly. "Then we are related with each other closer than we thought. Do you want to talk about it?"

Shizuka suddenly became silent. She was having some doubts in mind. Actually, there was nothing much pleasant to tell about her dream. Hearing his question made her hesitated, but he had been honest to tell her about his past. Perhaps it would be fair enough if she did the same.