Chapter 24

November 7th

The White House

10am

Jack assisted his wife aboard Marine One. The Kennedys were flying to Oak Springs to spend Election Night. They told the Kennedys up in Massachusetts they didn't want 'all the hussle and bussle' of the 1960 campaign. It would be quiet time to enjoy with the kids. Only a few people were coming to spend the weekend: Bobby and Ethel, Teddy and Joan and a few members of staff from the White House to help out with announcements and the Press. 

However the Radziwills and the Auchinclosses were quite upset that they were not invited; but Jackie warned them. "It's Jack's night. Not mine". 

Soon enough Marine One ascended off the ground before flying out over Washington to go to Andrew's Air Force Base. From there the First Family boarded Air Force One to fly to the property. 

Oak Springs

After an hour, the First Family arrived at the primary residence of the estate; after landing five minutes prior. Jack and Jackie retired upstairs. Jack buried himself under the covers. "I'm drained" Jack yawned, starting to fall asleep. Jackie kissed his head. She sat her gloves on her bedside table before getting changed into some jodhpurs and a jumper. 

"I'm going down to the stables to feed Sagebrush. Maybe do some riding" Jackie smiled, sliding on her riding boots. "You can be such a hoyden at times" Jack joked. Jackie laughed at her husband's remark before they kissed. She then headed out. 

After a long nap, Jackie discovered his wife in the library. Her nose buried in a Jack Kerouac work. She rested, her baby bump visible through her pink dress; on the floral, upholstered windowseat. Jack came forward and placed a kiss on her lips. "Hello bunny" Jackie smiled, embracing her husband. Jack joined her on the seat. 

"I'm looking forward to Election Night" Jack chortled, as Jackie chuckled. "Well, I think you're going to win this thing". Jackie was obviously looking on the bright side.