Chapter 5

August 27th

Brick House

Jack'as car pulled up outside the main house. Trucks were parked outside, loading in all the furniture that Jackie (and even Jack!) had ordered. He headed inside to see the construction process. Upon entrance in the foyer, Jack spotted Jackie with Tish and Mr Stephane Boudin, the designer Jackie had hired to assist her and Sister Parish.

The walls stunk of paint and plaster, and the Scalamandre wallpaper was started to get into shape.

Jack leaned against the living room doorframe and smiled as he saw his wife explaining the position of the gold console and antique gilt mirror for the foyer. "No it's important that it be above the sideboard-" Jackie noticed her husband who stood grinning at her.

"Excuse me one second" Jackie excused herself before heading over to her husband. "Hey Jack" Jackie grinned and she and her husband embraced. "Hey kid, how's it coming?" Jack asked. Jackie grinned. "Oh it's going great! Stephane says it'll be hopefully ready by next week" Jackie smiled. Jack grinned. "Oh that'll be great".

He pointed over his shoulder to the luscious greenery outside. "The decoraters are making a good job of the stables down there" Jack joked. Jackie giggled. "So now you're interested in horses?" She asked, laughing. Jack jokingly nodded. Jackie of course knew he was only teasing.

Eventually she heard Tish calling. "Oh I've got to go" Jackie regretfully had to leave her husband. "Just make sure this home is perfect" Jack reminded her, sharply taking her hand. Jackie smiled. She nodded.

"I'll be home by about 4pm" Jackie smiled.

"I'll have a bottle of wine opened!" Jack called, as his wife giggled as she strolled back towards her social secretary and designer.