Chapter 7

Oak Spring Farm
Private airport

Air Force One skid along the mile long runway before hauling to a stop. The steps, which had been specially made for the arrival, were pushed up to the Presidential door before the First Family departed the plane.

Jackie appeared radiant. After heading into the private bedroom, she quickly changed into a yellow dress with a black belt and some white kid gloves and black court shoes.

A black Lincoln Continental sat waiting for them. Together they piled in and it began to pull away towards the main residence.

The Brick House
Foyer

Upon entering, everyone except Jackie gazed in amazement at the beauty of the house.

"Kids" Jackie bent down and whispered to her children. "Go upstairs and check out your rooms" Jackie suggested. The kids automatically dropped their carry on bags and sprinted upstairs.

Jackie took Jack's hand. "Come look at this" Jackie smiled.

Jack and Jackie's bedroom

At the last minute, Jack agreed for him and Jackie to get a bedroom to share. When he came in, he was stunned.

The room was decorated with jardin de Tuileries wallpaper. There was a large four-poster bed in the centre of the room. There was a door that led to their separate ensuites, walk in wardrobes and dressing rooms.

Jack instantly fell in love with it. He joined Jackie on the bed.

"Oh Jackie, it is wonderful" Jack grinned, kissing his wife. She blushed. "Thank you" she whispered to her beaming husband.

9pm
Living room

Jackie waited for Jack in the living room. She was relaxing on one of Sister Parish's soft, plump sofas. Suddenly Jack appeared with two glasses of white wine.

He joined his wife on the sofa. They sat with a glass each and a smile on their faces.

"Should we say, to the new house?" Jack asked. "Mmm" Jackie hesitated. "Yes, to the new house" Jackie smiled before they clinked their glasses.

"Jackie?" Jack asked. Jackie looked at him, her smile almost gone. "I want to tell you something". Jackie listened intently.

"Since we lost Patrick, I've hated seeing you suffer. And when I nearly died, that didn't help either. I never want to see you suffer like that again. I'll take care of you no matter what" Jack told his wife.

Jackie sat, amazed. She had seen Jack be extremely loving to her since October two years ago, but this meant something stronger.

"I love you Jack" Jackie let a tear of happiness escape and fall onto her beige jumper. "I love you too" Jack replied.

As the fire flickered and it was peaceful, Jackie leaned forward and together, they passionately kissed.