Chapter 17

September 20th
Jack arrived at the hospital to pick up Jackie. From the hospital, they would drive to the White House and there they would fly on Marine One to Oak Springs.

Jack entered Jackie's room to find her wearing a mustard yellow suit. She made sure it wasn't slim fitting. She didn't want to harm the baby. She was smiling radiantly. "Are you ready?" Jack asked. Jackie nodded. "Of course". She stood up and took her husband's hand. Jack kissed her cheek. Jackie grinned. 

Jack reached into his pocket and handed her, her Chanel sunglasses. "I think you'll need these" Jack laughed. Jackie giggled. "Indeed. Surprisingly it's warm for September". 

In the corridor, the First Couple thanked the staff for taking care of the pregnant First Lady before they headed into the lift. Jack slid over next to his wife and kissed her passionately. "I love you" Jack smiled, embracing his wife. Jackie blushed before giggling. "Calm yourself Mr President. There's a large crowd out there" Jackie joked. 

They laughed together before the lift hauled to a stop. 

After entering the lobby, the First Couple exited into the clutches of the media. The bulbs of the cameras flashed as the First Couple departed the building; smiles plastered right across their faces. "Mr President! Mrs Kennedy!" The photographers screamed for them. The Secret Service held them back like barricades while Jack and Jackie climbed into the limosuine. 

They held hands once again. Jackie smiled, as her husband took her hand. Jack leaned in and kissed her cheek. 

Soon enough their car pulled up outside the White House. Marine One was already on the lawn waiting. The car pulled up at the South Portico where the First Couple walked over to Marine One, hand in hand. "Where are the kids?" Jackie asked, looking around.

"Right here mummy!" Caroline cried as she ran towards her parents. 

"Is it true mummy?" Caroline asked, as Jackie embraced her daughter. Jackie nodded, grinning. "It is my sweetheart" Jackie grinned taking her daughter's hand. 

"I'll be a big brother!" John screamed as he ran towards his parents. "My John-John!" Jack cried, sweeping his son off his feet and into a warm hug. "Daddy!" John laughed as he flew threw the air. The First Family laughed on as they discussed the delight of the coming baby. Together they boarded Marine One.