Chapter 4

August 26th
West Sitting Hall

Jack lay on the plump sofa, his feet resting on a footstool. His face in a newspaper, he had the record of Richard Burton singing Camelot playing in the background.

He then heard a sound, like shoes walking on a wooden floor. He lifted his head to see Jackie standing in the doorway.

They smiled before Jackie kicked off her court heels. She ran to her husband and sat on the other end of the sofa. She assisted him to sit up and they embraced.

Afterwards, they slowly worked their way into a passionate kiss.

Jackie ended up, in her husband's arms. Their noses adjacent, lips almost touching, they couldn't help but smile.

"I missed you" Jackie smiled, Jack in return replying the same sentence. "Did you do what I asked?" Jack asked with a grin.

"Buy lots of antiques?" Jackie joked. Jack laughed, he loved how she could quickly pull out something humorous. "No, did you have fun?" Jack asked.

Jackie nodded. "While I was over there, I met up with some of the designers at the Scalamandre offices in Paris. We've picked out some wallpaper and upholstery samples" Jackie smiled.

Jack beamed. "That's great!" He clapped his hands. Jackie giggled as he commented on her taste, while gazing at some of them.

He then pointed at one that resembled the patterns in his bedroom. "Take that one for my room" he laughed before Jackie put them back in her bag.

"The rest I'll speak to Sister Parish about" she smiled. They kissed before heading off to their rooms.