Chapter 2

30th July
1 Oak Spring Road
Brick House

Jackie's car pulled up outside the main house on the former Mellon estate. Tish was waiting inside for her. "Tish!" Jackie shook her social secretary's hand upon entering the so-called Brick House.

"Mrs Kennedy" Tish warmly smiled. "Right this way".

After a large tour of the main residence, Jackie and Tish decided to talk about the floor plan.

Jackie in her pale blue suit, followed Tish to the large living room which only had a few pieces of furniture left, for the two women to sit and discuss.

"Well Mrs Kennedy, as you know the main residence has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. So there is plenty of room for the whole family" Tish went over the floor plan with Jackie before explaining the rest of the estate.

"In the estate there is also: over 20 cottages, a private airstrip and airport lounge, 2 stables with 43 stalls, a church, a school house and multiple barns" Tish noted them down in a memo.

Jackie was stunned! What would she do with all those locations? She dreamt of herself organising it all while looking out onto the rolling pastures and mountain views the main residence provided.

Jackie nodded. "Okay Tish, leave it with me".

Jackie's bedroom
The White House

Upon return Jack and Jackie sat and planned out their new estate. "What should be do with all these cottages?" Jackie asked.

"Let's assign certain people with cottages. For example, this one could be the Auchincloss cottage, for your mother" Jack suggested, pointing at a cottage.

Jackie smiled. "Good idea bunny" Jackie smiled before pulling her husband in for a kiss. Jack blushed. "Why thank you" Jack smiled, taking his wife's hand.

They planned the estate until the 22 cottages were filled. It looked a bit like this:

1. Janet and Hugh Auchincloss cottage
2. Lee and Stas Radziwill cottage
3. Joe and Rose Kennedy cottage
4. Bobby and Ethel Kennedy cottage (the one with the most bedrooms)
5. Teddy and Joan Kennedy cottage
6. Lem Billings cottage
7. Ben and Tony Bradlee cottage
8. Letitia Baldridge cottage
9. Lyndon and Lady Bird cottage
10. Oleg Cassini cottage
11. Frank Sinatra cottage
12. Jacques Lowe cottage
13. Nancy Tuckerman cottage
14. Evelyn Lincoln cottage
15. Admiral George Burkeley cottage
16. Kenny o'Donnell cottage
17. Pierre Salinger cottage
18. Ted Sorenson cottage
19. Ellen D'Oench cottage
20. Charles and Martha Bartlett cottage
21. Blair Clark cottage
22. Jayne Wrightsman

The First Couple, in between all the kisses and cuddles; also agreed to turn 8 of the 10 barns into staff quarters. And that demolishing them. And the remaining two would be demolished and built into a Cabinet Room and an on joining office for Jack.