Chapter 14

September 14th

The next morning, Jackie was last up. She had cried herself to sleep that night. Worried about the idea of Ari trying to sleep with her. It horrified her. She reached the bottom of the stairs in a blue summer dress and no shoes on. The radiant sun shone through the curtains in the living room. She then heard Jack and the kids. 

Jack then noticed his wife. "Morning kid" Jack grinned. The kids dashed outside leaving the two of them alone. "Morning bunny" Jackie smiled, kissing her husband. She asked where they were off to. "How would you like to have a picnic with your husband and darling kids?" Jack asked. Jackie grinned. "Of course" she immediately agreed. 

After dashing upstairs to get her Chanel sunglasses, Jackie joined her family. Together they walked from the main residence to the location they named Picnic Meadow. Just around the small pathway from the stables, it had a large oak tree which provided shade in the warm day that it was today. 

Jack and Jackie sat on the red checkered, picnic rug with their children. Jackie ate some salad while Jack and the kids tucked into sandwiches and some apples. 

Before long, the kids had some play time. "Can I join?" Jackie asked. They both agreed. Jack, propped on his side, laughed as he watched his wife chase after his kids and as she ran away from them. It was proper family time and they enjoyed it. 

Taking a short break, Jack and Jackie got out the video camera. Filming the kids, it was a peaceful time to make memories at their new home. Then unexpectedly, Caroline managed to get a beautiful shot of her parents clinking some lemonade glasses. Although, they often considered it 'corny' in the past, this time it wasn't. 

Bearing in mind, the shot of the glasses in the past was deliberate. This one was accidental.