Without You

I made my way to where Harry stood.
Edward laid on the floor all bloody and motionless.
My hands covered my mouth.

Harry paced back and forth in the room. "Oh, man. What am I going to do?" He said to himself.
I knelt down by Edward and stared down at him.
My tears poured out, but not because of what he did.
I slapped Edwards face.
"Wake up." I said. "I know you're not dead..." he didn't move. I did it again, but harder. "Wake up, dammit!" I started to shake him.

"Renee..." Harry ran over and pulled me up and held onto me. "Stop, he's dead."
"You're not going to jail, Harry!" I yelled back.
He pulled me closer into him and held me.

...

The police came and took us in for questioning.

"Miss Northern, please, you first, tell me what happened." The man asked me.

I sighed and looked down at the table.
"Well, I was outside looking for cat when Edward and his friends kidnapped me, they blindfolded me, tied me up and had duct  tape over my mouth..." I started to feel a lump in my throat as I began again. "When I wanted to at least try to sleep, Edward made me sleep in the same bed."

The man nodded. "Did Mr. Stiles make you do anything else that you weren't comfortable with?" He asked.

I thought about how he made me have sex with him and made me be his "girlfriend".

"Like how he made me be his girlfriend and how he raped me the 2 nights I was there?" I replied.
Harry's head shot around to me.

"He made you?" He asked.
"He told me if I didn't do ANYTHING he said, he'd kill Harry."

The man kept asking us questions.

"Harry, did you kill Mr. Stiles?"
Harry looked away. "Not on purpose- I mean-"
"Why?"
Harry looked up at him and gave him a look. "He was raping my fiance. What would you have done? I was saving her...you didn't hear her screams."

I covered my face to hide my tears.

...

When they stopped the questioning, the man left the room.

I looked over at Harry and held his hand.

"Thank you." I said.
He looked over at me "Whatever happens, baby, you know I did the right thing, right?"

Of course, I knew that.
Like he said, he saved my life.

"Of course, babe." I replied.
He leaned in and kissed me gently on the lips.

"Styles, we are taking you into custody for murdering Edward Stiles.."

I jumped up as they pulled Harry up out of his chair and cuffed him.

"No, STOP! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! HE SAVED MY LIFE!" I yelled at the cops.
Harry looked up at me. "Rene'e, stop! Don't say anything! You'll be going with me if you do."

They pulled him up.
"Wait, just wait, please!" Harry yelled before they took him out the door. They stopped.
Harry looked at me and motioned me to come towards him.
"Take my paper airplane necklace, baby. Please." He said putting his head down so I could take it off of him.

I did and I held it in my hands as I began to cry again.
"I'll get you out, baby! I promise!!" I yelled at him through the tears.
"I love you, Renee!" He called.
"I- I love you, too, Harry!"

...

My dad came and got me from the station.

"RENEE! Oh, thank god!" He said running up and giving me a hug. "Are you okay?" He asked pulling back.

I shook my head. "No, dad! They took Harry!" I said crying still. I haven't stopped since.
He pulled me closer again. "We will get him out, don't worry."

...

About 2 days past, Harry still wasn't out.

I checked the mail everyday, just to see if Harry wrote me.

Today he did.

Renee,
I miss you, baby. It's beyond insane how much I do.
I can't sleep at night, it's cold and people in here are terrible. I have a court date September 22, then another October 3. You'll be there at both, right? This will determine if I stay here or not.

I know what I did was wrong, but baby, I did it to save your life.
Your screams from that night still haunt me and I see him on top of you everytime I close my eyes, it sickens me.
I don't regret it, baby. I'd do it again if I had to.

All I wanna do is touch you, baby. I miss you and your kisses. Being in this place is only proving to me that I can't be without you.

I've disappointed everyone in my life, but I really hope I haven't let you down.

I love and miss you so much, Kitten.

Love,
Harry x

I sat at the kitchen table holding the letter as I cried.

My dad came in and sat next to me. "How you doing?" He asked.
I wiped my tear. "Terrible." I replied.
"I know how you feel, honey. It sucks. I'm worried about him, too. Anne is hysterical and you're worse...I hate seeing you guys like this, but whatever you do, don't turn your back on him." He said.
I looked up with tears pouring from my eyes.
"I never would, daddy. I love him."
My dad smiled. "Good." He said as he kissed my forehead. "Everything will be okay, pumpkin." and he left the room.

...
The next morning I woke up, I was crying. My dreams were about Harry.
I felt queezy and I was sweating, I felt like I was going to blackout. My ears were ringing and for a second, I couldn't hear a thing.

I ran to the bathroom after the feeling of vomiting hit me.
...
I sat on the bathroom floor with my head in my hands and started crying.

Was I making myself sick from crying so much?...

I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth and crawled back in bed.
That's where I wanted to stay for forever.

I felt terrible.