Alone

I laid in bed that night next to Harry as he took of his watch and shut off the light. He then snuggled up next to me and kissed me on my lips so sweetly. He looked at me as he pulled away.
"Are you sure you're okay? You've seem distracted since the other day."
I kept my eyes on him. I need to tell him. I can't hide things like this, if I do, this relationship will never work out like we want to.
"Yeah, it's just-- I need to tell you something Harry." I said fidgeting with the Blanket in my hands.
He nodded.
"And you should know that before I tell you this, I'm not trying to ruin this beautiful weekend together in Paris. I'm telling you this because you need to know and I can't keep it from you much longer."
He suddenly looked confused. "Keep what from me, Reneè?"
"For the past couple of days-- I've been--" I couldn't say it.
"Couldn't what? What did you do, Reneè?!" He sprung up. "Nothing!" I replied. "I've been receiving texts from someone who knows about us." He looked at me and then straight ahead. He didn't move or say anything. "We have to find out who it is before it gets out and back to my dad and your mom, Harry." I said leaning up and grabbing his arm and stroking it.
"Who could possibly know?" I didn't have that answer. Harry grew angrier "Who did you tell, Reneè?!!" He got in my face. I became a little scared. "I didn't tell anyone about us, Harry. I swear." Harry scoffed. "Yeah right. Of course you did. You probably told Gary to make him jealous so we'd both be fighting over you. Just to make yourself feel better about yourself."
I stood there in shock by what he just said. "You think I'd really do that?" I got really defensive. "I'm not that kind of girl, Harry!! We will figure this out, but don't accuse me of telling people about us!!!" He yanked his arm back and got out of bed, pacing back and forth with his hands running through his hair.
"Don't be mad at me, Harry. Please." I said. I instantly regretted getting an attitude with him. Now he was angry and I didn't want to fight with him.

He stopped and looked at me with his hands on his hips. He shook his head. "How much longer were you going to keep this from me? Why didn't you tell me the second it happened, Reneè?" He said in a dark raspy voice.
I looked down. "Look, I know I let you down...I didn't know I was, I thought I was protecting you." I said fighting my tears with a cracked voice. He turned away and shook his head once more. He grabbed his jeans and put them on.
"Where are you going?" I asked.
"I can't be in here with you right now. I need to think and be alone. I'm going to find a way out of this without you."

I can't believe he just said that to me. I thought I was doing the right thing. I was getting even more pissed off than upset.
"Well excuse the hell outta me for trying to protect you!" I said getting out of the bed and walking towards him. He slipped on his shoes and opened the door and turned towards me.
"Well, you're excused." And he left as he slammed the door behind him.

I stood there in shock by what was just said. This is why I didn't tell him the second I found out. I knew I didn't want to stay in the room to tonight by myself without him, he wasn't going to come back tonight. I just knew it. I grabbed my key and went down the hall to Edwards room.
I knocked twice before he answered.
"Reneè?" He said in a very tired voice.
"Sorry If I woke you, it's just-- can I stay here tonight?" I asked avoiding his eyes. I don't want to see the confused look on his face.
"Yeah, of course. Come in." He said stepping aside.

I walked in and he shut the door behind him.

...

I sat in the chair by the window, watching the city as I brought my knees to my chest.
Edward walked back from the kitchen with some tea.
"Here you go, sweetie." He said putting it down next to me.
"Thanks." I grabbed it and took a sip as stared back at the city.
Edward looked at me. "So what happened?"
I looked over at him. "Just a fight. He-just a brother and sister thing." I said. It was a lie. But he couldn't know.
Edward shook his head making me think he'd accept it. "You guys are a thing." He said sitting down beside me. My eyes widened. "What? Why would you say that?! He's my step--" He interrupted, "Yes, but the way he protects you, looks at you..."
Was it that obvious?
"Nothing is going on betw--"
"Reneè, why else would you be here?" He said.
"We're friends?"
"Yes, but I mean, give it up. I know." He said as he took a sip of tea.
I sighed. I'll regret this too, probably.
"Okay, fine. We are. But don't tell anyone. No one can know. We already have someone sending us hate messages, we don't need more. That's why I can over here. I've been getting messages from someone saying they know about me and Harry. I've kept it from him and he left for the night. He said he didn't want to be around me tonight." I lowered my head and pressed my lips together. Thinking of it made it worse.
"I'm sorry to hear that." Edward said in a soft voice.
"Yeah." I bit my lower lip.
I felt so alone. Was I really going to lose Harry to this? I thought we were stronger than this.
Edward got up. "Take my bed. I'll take the couch."
I looked up. "You sure? The couch will be okay."
"No, take it." He said.
...

I walked to the bed and laid in it.

It was so weird that I was laying in Edward Stiles from Two Directions bed.
Edward turned off the lights and I rolled over on my side. A wave of Designer cologne hit me. Well, I didn't know it was designer, it smelt fancy. He smelled so good. Just like I imagined he always would.
I soon fell asleep to the smell.

...

I was awoken by banging in the door. I opened my eyes as I leaned up and looked in the living room.
I squinted as I saw Edward making his way to the door.

"WHERE IS SHE?! SHE'S NOT IN OUR ROOM!"
Uh oh!
Harry walked and stopped in the middle of the living room and looked left towards Edwards bedroom. He looked very angry as he stormed his way over to me. I was kind of scared.
"What the hell are you doing over here? In his bed?!" Harry said in a booming voice as I got up.
"I wasn't sleeping alone in that hotel room, Harry."
I said Harry looked at me and then at Edward.
"He knows, he knew before I told him." I said.
"You told him?!" Knew he'd be angry.
"I can't do anything right anymore, can I? I think I'm doing the right thing and you get so pissed about it." I said putting my robe on be the bed.
"I'm not the one sleeping in another girls bed. That's doing something right?! I didn't know we were in an open relationship!" I started to cry.
"I didn't want to sleep alone in a big hotel room, Harry." I said once more.
He turned around and then looked back at me, licking his lips.
"Just go. Go back to the room, Harry. Now I'm the one who can't be around you right now." I said and ran into the bathroom and locked it.
He didn't say anything. I soon heard the door slam and then shortly after, a knock on the bathroom door.
"Reneè? You ok?" Edward asked.
"Yeah." I lied.
"Can I come in?" He asked politely. I thought about it for a minute and then reached up and unlocked the door. He came in and knelt down beside me. "I can't lose him." I said.
Edward grabbed me and pulled me closer.
It seemed like hours we sat there on the bathroom floor as I cried into his chest.