Someone I Never Knew

I was in my room playing the song "I Hope You Dance" by LeeAnn Womack on guitar. I could play that and "Last Call" by her, too.
I was practicing as much as I could since Harry and I started this song and everything. I wanted to work on my voice. I didn't want to let him down.

I heard a knock.
"Yeah, come in."
Harry walked in with a smile on his face. "Hey, babe." I smiled and sat my guitar down. "Hey, what's up?" I asked.
He sat down on my bed. "I have a surprise for you."

Oh goody. I loved surprises!

"Oh, yay! What is it?" I asked with so much excitement.
"You mean who?"
I looked away and then back over at him. "Nooo, I meant what?"
He smiled. "It's a who, not a what."
"You're surprising me with a who?" I asked.
He grabbed my hand and laughed. "It's someone you haven't seen in awhile and I think it would be a good idea to see them."
I gasped. "Harry, you didn't bring Edward back, did you?" I laughed as I joked.
His eyes widened as heard that. "Not funny." He smiled as he nodged me.
"Then who is it?" I wish he would just tell me.
"I can't tell you. You won't be surprised."
"I'll act surprised once I see them."
He chuckled. "No, they will be here tomorrow. You'll have to wait, cowgirl." He gave me a wink and then kissed my forehead and got up to leave.

What the heck is he planning?
I gasped as I thought of something. I wonder if he's sending my friends out. He probably just said "who" to fool me or something. I'm pretty sure that's what he's talking about. Who else would he be talking about? Plus, I haven't seen them in awhile.
Now I knew that was it.
I can't believe that they are coming down here.

I started to clean and straighten things up and the whole time I did, I was thinking of all the fun we were going to have. Just like the old days, we made fun out of nothing.

This was going to be great!

...

The Next Morning
I jumped out of my bed. I was ready for today, no doubt about it.
My best friends were coming down today and I knew nothing could ruin this day.

I got up, showered, got dressed, ate and waited for my friends to arrive.
"You excited?" Harry asked.
I smiled and nodded.
"Why? You don't even know who it is." He smiled back.
I didn't want him to know that I knew. I just shrugged.

I heard a knock on the door.
"Oh my god!" I jumped up and down clapping.
Harry laughed as he watched me run to the front door only to find someone who wasn't my friends.

I couldn't believe my eyes and who stood before me.
Someone I've despised all these years, someone I should of known and never got the chance to, someone who was supposed to be my best friend but thought of herself before anyone else, even me.

"Mom?...." There was so much disbelief in my voice as I turned my head towards Harry.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked her.
"Your boyfriend got a hold of me." She walked in after she hugged me.

That was fake.

"By the way," She began. "Hubba hubba..."
I narrowed my eyes as I looked at Harry again.
Glad he didn't catch that.
"Mom, I- where have you been for all these years?"
She turned around and stared at me. "Oh, honey, don't dwell on the past. I'm here now." She hugged me again.

I wasn't liking this all too well.

"Now, sweetie, you me and Harry need to have dinner tonight. But right now, I want to take you guys out and just spend time together."

"What? Spend time together? You've had--" Just then Harry nodged me and I looked over at him. His eyes widened.
I rolled my eyes at him. "That's be great, mom." I lied.