9. One question each!

Start from the beginning

"Hey, how many applicants do you expect to make it?" Menchi asked the other examiners in front of her, enjoying the dish in front of her—if any of the examinees were to see this, they would have yelled at her in anger. Earlier, she had almost failed them all because she was 'full', clearly, it was a lie.

"You mean pass the exam?" Buhara clarified, sitting next to a tower of plates.

"Yep." Menchi answered, cutting a piece of steak "This year, we have an impressive group. Though I did fail them all at one point."

"But doesn't it depend on what the upcoming phases consist of?" Buhara answered back with a question.

"I guess that's true. What do you think, Satotz?" Menchi asked again, shifting her attention to the lavender haired man"

"Oh, yes. I like the rookies this year."

"Ha! So you agree? I think #294 has a good shot." Menchi exclaimed, thinking about the bald ninja.

"I'm partial to #99." Satotz answered.

"He looks like a selfish, spoiled brat." Menchi commented, dipping her piece of steak in the sauce.

"What do you think, Buhara?"

"Well he isn't a rookie, but #44 is the one I favor." Buhara answered, placing another plate on his tower. "I'm sure you noticed, but when #255 was throwing a fit, it was #44 who was really on the verge of killing someone." 

"You all make very good predictions," An unknown voice cut in. "There's a good chance all of them will be making it through the exam.

"Chairman!" Menchi exclaimed.

"Good evening." The chairman greeted. "I hope I'm not intruding."

"Of course not." Satotz replied, "I am quite curious though."

"Hm?" The chairman hummed in acknowldgement.

"Which of the contests do you think has the best chance to pass the exam?"

The chairman pondered his thoughts for a while. "I do not think that she has the best chance of passing the exam, but I am personally rooting for #151."

He recalled the events of the second stage, and her jumping off the cliff a second time, "She certainly is quite energetic."

"She caught my attention too." Menchi confessed, "When the contestant were all grilling the pigs, I believe she was trying to make a noodle dish of some sort. Granted, she failed miserably, but she did have the right idea.

"Me too!" Buhara continued, "Did you know she was completely on fire? It was when..."