I Don't See The "Good" In Goodbye.

My Step Brotherღ
I Don't See The "Good" In Goodbye.

I walked up to my friends and stood in front of them, trying to hold back the tears. Ian, Kasey, and Kayla all stood with tears in their eyes. 11 years of being friends and it was all going down the drain, all because my dad met a girl from somewhere called Holmes Chapel in the UK.

"Come see us as soon as you get the chance." Kasey said. I nodded my head. "I will." and I gave her the biggest hug possible.

Kayla came over and hugged me with so many tears already flowing down her face. "Please, don't go!" she cried.

That's when I lost it. My tears fell from my eyes and I couldn't stop them

"I have to Kayla. But I'll be back, or I'll fly you guys out if I get the chance, okay?" She shook her head and sniffled as she wiped her eyes.. "Okay." and she gave me another hug.

Ian stood there. He was trying his hardest out of all of us to hold back the tears. He was a guy and "they don't cry".

"I'm going to miss you, Ian." He smiled. "I'll miss you, too." I waited for a hug, it took him awhile to finally do it. I don't know if it was because of our history of dating, or what, but he made it awkward just by waiting as long as he did to hug me. "I'll miss you." he said softly and I closed my eyes. Ian was really the first guy I loved. We hadn't done anything together, we both weren't ready for something like that and it would make our friendship just awful when we broke up. I think we both knew we were better friends.

When we released each other, we all hugged at the same time again. "I love you guys, so much!" I said through my tears.

"I love you, too!" they said together and it made me cry so much more. That's the last time I'll hear them say that in person.

I backed up towards the car and blew them all a kiss.

I hopped in the car and looked back at their sad faces. It killed me leaving the only friends I ever had, now I have to go make new ones who won't even come close to those three and new ones who don't even have the same accent as me! I won't even understand them.

My dad had a driver drive us to the airport.

"Now you need to know she has kids. A daughter and a son. Her daughter Gemma is in a University and Harry is your age." "SHE HAS KIDS?!" I said.

"Yes, and they are wonderful kids, Renee."

I shook my head. "What makes you think we'll even get along?" I asked him. He motioned me to quiet down as he answered his phone. I assumed it was Anne. That was her name. Because he kept saying 'hun' and 'sweetie'. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

I was going to miss Indiana. So much.

I'm going to miss my friends, my house that I've lived in since I was born. There were no bad memories here in Indiana, except for my mom leaving me and my dad when I was just 4 years old. But I really didn't remember her. My dad says I'm better off without her anyway. I mean, I guess he's right, I'm doing okay without a mom. So I don't know why he thinks I need one now. Just this year I'll be graduating and leaving, so what's the point? I think this whole think is just flat out stupid. Why couldn't I stay here with my grandma and grandpa? They offered me a home, but my stupid dad said no.

I'm not ready for this at all.