Chapter 10 Unusual Awakening

Chapter 10

"Um...you're his....fiance?" The word tasted rough in my mouth. It was weird saying it out loud.

"Yes." Liliana smiled. "As in the person, who's suppose to marry him. Which one is he anyway?" I winced and looked at the twins in pity. It's really a shame. One of them already has a fiance and she can't even tell, who's who.

Ren let out an irritated sigh. When he saw me looking at him, he looked scared. "What ever you are thinking, it's not what you think." His voice sounded a little shaky and I could not understand why. Liliana took notice of the twin beside me. "Oh. I guess you're Ren. Come here, sweetie!" She squealed and moved between us to grab Ren's arm. Custard yelped and snapped at her legs when she accidentally stepped on his tail, but before he could do any more damage, I immediately picked him up.

"Liliana, now is not the time. Let go of me." Ren grumbled trying to take his arm back.

Watching them made me pity Ren. Sure, Liliana is pretty, but not being able to recognize him is just wrong. I do believe that the twins deserve to be engaged to someone, who can actually tell them apart. Someone, who can accept their childishness not just their looks. Dan came up beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "My brother may be dense, but he will only love one. Well as soon as he realizes it." He smiled sadly.

"Wait what?" I asked. It was one of Dan's weird monologues again.

"Lily, I assume that you just arrived? You haven't met the Queen?" Dan asked.

Liliana took one glance at Dan and her lips went pale as she drew them into a thin line. "U-um. Yeah I just got here." She was avoiding eye contact and started to fidget as she and Dan started to have a small conversation with each other.

At that moment Ren took that opportunity to speak into my mind.You won't believe this, but Lily actually likes my brother and not me. He said and I gave him a weird look.  He was finally free of her grip and went back to my side and whispered, "Long story. I'll tell you later."

"What?"

"Ren! Come on and introduce me to the queen." Before Ren and I could talk more, he was dragged away by Liliana. "Alright." Ren seemed annoyed at this and when they passed by Dan, Ren grinned wickedly and grabbed his brother. "Brother, why don't you come with us? Liliana would love it if you could come." At that he earned a stomp on the foot from his fiance.

"Have fun! I'll keep the princess company." Nate suddenly pulled me towards him as he waved goodbye to the twins and their childhood friend. Nate looked amused and satisfied when he saw both the twins reacted violently, but could not do a thing since Liliana was dragging them. "Oh man. That was so funny." Nate said whipping a tear from his face from laughing. When he caught he starring, he immediately switched back to his flirty self. He smirked. "You know, it's never too late to choose me you know. I could make you happy."

"I could make you cry if you don't stop."

"You are so cute. I feel like I'm being threatened by a potato." He chuckled seemingly amused with himself. "You are so adorable that you can't even tell when a person likes you."

"Who likes me then?"

"Me."

"Lies."

"I wouldn't give you Cloud if I didn't." He muttered. Too low for me to hear.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing." He sighed and turned to me. "You know what I think? I think you have selective hearing."

"No I don't." I denied.

"Oh really? Then what if I tell you that I like you?" He grinned devilishly at me.