Chapter 19 Hazy Dream

Chapter 19

"Nate?" I asked in concerned as I placed a hand on his shoulder. The looked at the ghost. He was still in front of us. His eyes looked hurt when he saw Nate looking at him with fear and disbelief.

"Rose, he just said son!" Nate was breathing heavily now.

"Are you sure he was talking about you and not me?" I didn't know why I said that. All I was just thinking about was to comfort Nate. But it did work, in a stupid sort of way, because Nate looked down at me like I was stupid.

"Rose, he said son. Not daughter."

I pouted. At least he was not shivering anymore. "I knew that." I replied with a grumbled and crossed my arms over my chest. But the moment that Nate and I lost contact with each other, Nate suddenly vanished. I briefly panicked and looked around the hazy and foggy area around us. No Nate. Only the ghost. I whimpered and shakily gave a wave to the ghost man. "N-Nate?" I whimpered while still keeping an eye on the ghost. It didn't move. It just stood there and stared at me. I gulped. "NATHANIEL!" I screamed with more urgency this time.

"Rose!" Nate suddenly appeared behind me with his hand on one of my shoulder.

"Don't just appear behind me and scare me like that!" I growled and flick his hand away. The instant I did, Nate suddenly disappeared again. "Nathaniel!" I yelled again.

"What!?" Nate snapped. His hand on my arm this time. "Stop yelling!"

"Don't yell at me!" I retorted and pulled my arm back angrily that he lost contact. Great. He disappeared again. But this time, he reappeared in an instant while holding my arm.

"No no no! Stop." He immediately said when he saw that I was about to draw my arm back again. "If I lose contact with you then I go back."

"Go back where?"

"The garden." He said. "Back there you're..." He hesitated. "You're starring at an empty space."

I looked at Nate and tilted my head to the side. "I'm what?"

"Nevermind." Nate sighed. "Look, if you want me to stay then I have to hold you. Otherwise, you're stuck here. And I do not know how to wake you up either. So do you want me to stay or not? I mean I recommend that I stay until we can figure out how to wake you. Do you remember how you got here?"

I thought about it. "The last thing I remembered was seeing the picture and..." I dragged on and made sure I stayed close to Nate as I pointed at the ghost in front of us. "That man touched my arm. And then we're here."

Nate followed to were I was pointing and frowned at the man. "Who are you?" He hissed. The man didn't answer and only smiled sadly at Nate. Suddenly, the fog started to lift and the ghost man vanished from our sight. Nate drew me close as we did a 360 view around us. The fog was starting to clear and it was starting to solidify into a familiar setting. Nate and I held hands to keep him with me in this weird dream. "Nate, this is..." I trailed off. Unsure if we're where I think we are.

Fortunately, Nate confirmed it. "Yeah." He nodded. "My home." He whispered as we were now standing in front of their castle. Though I notice that the exterior placement of statues and plants were different. Nate must of noticed it too because he was looking confused as I was.

"This is-" He started to say but was cut off.

"Terrence, come on!" A young kid about 7 years old with red hair laughed and started to run 'through' us. Nate followed the kid and his eyes widened. "Father?" He whispered. Now that he said it, the child does look like the younger version of the king of Denver. Red hair and a sort of round face.