Chapter 59 Street Acting

Chapter 59

It has been a long time since I came to visit the market here in Hazel. Nostalgia hit me differently because there were good and bad memories that I had here. One of them is where I had my first fight with Fred, and the other one is where I finally realized that Custard was indeed following me at that time.

"Nora, stop removing your cloak. People will see that you're a royal." I chided her as I fixed her cloak. Before leaving, I asked the servants to bring us some cloaks just to hide our dresses. We didn't have much time to change since Nora seemed like she was in a hurry.

"I'm hungry." She pouted.

"Me too." I agreed. "Let's go look for something to eat." I was a bit surprised when Nora smiled and started pulling on my hand as if she already knows where to go. I was both surprised and baffled when I saw that she let me at a specific area in the market that sells food.

"That one!" She says and pointed towards the barbeque stalls right in front of us.

I looked at her. "Nora. How did you know where to go?"

"I followed the scent of food!" She grinned.

Alright. She has a point there.

I took my pouch that was attached to the side of my dress as we were headed to the stall. Viex and Custard were following behind us closely. I bought 3 skewers. One for me, one for Nora, and one for both Viex and Custard. Nora ran for another stall that sells sandwiches, and I have to buy her that one too.

I looked up at the sky. I wonder if the others arrived yet? I wonder if I'll get to see Fred before his coronation tomorrow?

"Wose? Dessewt!" Nora waved at me from an ice cream shop. Custard and Viex are with her and the three of them were looking at me expectantly since I was the one with the money.

I sighed. Thank God my aunt gave me a bit of allowance before we left. Otherwise, how am I suppose to pay for all my expenses with a sister that isn't mine?

As I was headed towards them, a man suddenly bumped into me. "Sorry." He muttered and hurried on to move.

I frowned and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "Excuse me, but I think you should return my money back." I was sure of it. This guy just took my pouch.

"What? Don't be ridiculous!" The guy whirled around to face me. He made his voice louder so that everyone could hear. "Is this how you nobles earn? To scam poor people like us for our hard-earned money?"

I narrowed my eyes dangerously at him as I drew the hood of my cloak over my head. Does he dare challenge me through acting?! I didn't become Princess Mississipi Bloom Shakalaka and Goddess Rose for nothing!

I'll show him how it's done! Stupid Amateur.

I let out a cry as I threw myself to the ground as if I was pushed and sobbed. The thief looked surprised at my action that he took a step back "Sir, that money is the last of mine and my sister's money! Yes, we are nobles, but we were chased away from our country when the Rogues attack! We seek refuge in Hazel, hoping that the Prince could help us. Our parents are dead and if we lose that money, how are we suppose to support ourselves!? My sister is so young!" I covered my face with my hands and started to cry. At that moment, Nora came and poked my cheek.

"Wose?" She questioned me.

Perfect timing.

Nora let out a frightened squeal when I pulled her towards me in an embrace. "Oh my dear sister, Prudence! Forgive your older sister for I have lost our money. So young...and you are going to die in hunger because SOMEONE can't keep their hands in their own pocket!" I glared at the man who stole my pouch briefly before crying again.