Chapter 43 Serena

Chapter 43 

The Nymph, far different from how I last saw her, bolted towards me. Viex, Custard, and the princes moved out of the way as if sensing something that I couldn't. I was looking at them all until the nymph held my face in between her hands and started pinching and playing with my cheeks. "It has been a while since I have visitors! How your skin is lovely but so stressed. I mean," She pulled my head closer so she could examine my forehead. "Would you just look at this zit?"

I slapped my hands wildly in front of me to shoo her away as her offensive words reached through me. I moved back and covered my forehead. "Will you all just leave my George alone?!"

"George? Is that your name? But you're a girl."

"No. My name is Rose. George is the name of the zit on my forehead."

The nymph gasped and moved closer to my forehead. "Nice to meet you, George! My name is Serena." She introduced herself. I don't know what's weird, her talking to my pimple or that a nymph like her was talking. "New friends!" She squealed in excitement.

I looked at the princes to see that they were hiding behind Iroka along with my two familiars. I looked back at Serena and could not help but compare her appearance to the other Nymphs that we saw before. She was taller and her skin was a bit tanned. Her sea green hair, that was adorned with flowers, floated behind her as if an invisible wind was carrying it. Her dress was made of silk and adorned with more spring flowers that held it together to make a strap on one shoulder.

"I have other friends hiding at the back of Iroka. Maybe you want to meet them. Three males. One is a vampire, one is a wolf, and the other one is an elf. Be careful with the elf though. He does not bite but he will insult you." I grinned as I just revealed where they were hiding like the good person that I am.

"More friends!?" She screamed and bounced on the tip of her toes. "Oh how exciting! I am coming for you, friends!" She wasted no time as she immediately ran towards Iroka. Now, it was the giant's turn to run as when he saw the Nymph getting closer to him, revealing the three princes, who were all glaring at me.

"Oh how marvelous!" She gasped. "Are those real fangs? Can you change into a wolf real quick? Wow. Those ears are pointy but they look like regular ears. Were you trying to kill your powers, mister? Now that is just terrible! I can sense that it is an ancient gift! Oh wow. You three have very nice hair! Especially the red head. You remind me of Terrence." She kept going on and on. And when she mentioned Nate's father, the vampire prince flinched and made a move to get her to stop talking, but her mouth was going at the speed of light that Nate never got the chance to even bring up the question. "Oh it has been years! Millennia since I last interacted with people. Why do the three of you have the same type when it comes to girls? Do you guys have siblings? Do they look like you? I can sense that you are an Alpha, but as part of you is missing. Do you have a twin perhaps? Why are you rolling your eyes? Why are you all avoiding my gaze? You do prefer talking to Rose? Do you like her?"

"ENOUGH!" I can't say I did not foresee this. I knew Ace would burst out with how Serena's mouth was going. "Nymph, we came here for a reason. And the reason is for you to take us to a spring that can purify her."

"You mean your girlfriend over there? Is that what you all still call her?" Serena asked while jerking a thumb in my direction. Ace narrowed his eyes dangerously and followed it with a low growl both from him and Ren. The Nymph gulp. "I guess I have said a taboo word. Alright then. The word g-i-r-l-f-r-i-e-n-d is now a taboo in this generation. I will make sure to remember that." She says and made a mention check note in the air. Then she ran back towards me once again and stared into my eyes. "Right...." She says with a rub of her chin. "I can see that a powerful spirit has taken you. It is amazing that it hasn't been able to control you whole. It is quite dangerous."