Chapter 26 The White Fox

Chapter 26

I saw a boot in front of me stomping on the remains of the fire from last night. It was decided that we will have to continue our search the next day, because we really didn't have much sleep because of recent events like falling from the sky - if you know what I mean.

No. It is not fun to fall from the sky. And it is especially not fun to see your companions in a jumbled mess when they switch bodies. Heck, I can't even look at them!

"Rose, are you ready?" A voice. It was Nate's voice, but from the tone of it, it's Ren. I still kept my head on the floor as I nodded.

"Yep!" I got up and dusted my pants.

"Are you alright?" I gasped as Nate lowered himself so he could look at my face. His face was etched with worry.

"Totally!" I answered quickly and rolled my eyes to the side so I can't see any more of this weirdness.

I swear the only time I ever dared to look at one of them was the time that PRINCE Ace, who's currently Prince Nate, gutting a deer hunted by Nate and Ren (Ren and Ace). The sight of him slicing and removing the internal organs with Ace's body makes him seem like he is in his natural habitat.

But the moment that he caught me staring - with splatters of blood all over his face - he smiled. It didn't bother me at all but it actually frightened me because he looks like a serial killer.

I started walking only to bump into Ren. I breathed out a sigh of relief and momentarily forgot that Ace was currently residing in the wolf boy's body. "Watch it, Ren." I grumbled.

"You watch it. How the hell can you see where you are supposed to go when you keep looking at the ground, you moronic imbecile." Ren says angrily as he sheathed Ace's bow to his back. And I swear I stared blankly at him because I still cannot believe that those words and that facial expression belongs to Ren.

"Right. Right." I nodded. Still stunned.

"PRINCE Ace, can you stop frowning when you are in by body? You're going to give me winkles." Nate grumbled.

"Well if you care so much then maybe we should hurry up so we can look for the fox!"

"Any idea how to do that?" Ace asked as he brushed his hair off of his face. A habit that Nate usually does.

"Well if you know how to use my ability then maybe you can help!" Ren snapped at him. I swear he has been like that since morning.

"Geez, woke up on the wrong side of the bed, mutt?" Ace insulted him. Then his eyes widened the moment he remembered who Ren currently is. "I-I am very sorry, PRINCE Ace."

My head was spinning. PRINCE Ace was apologizing to PRINCE Ace. I needed to get that image out of my brain.

I dragged myself to a nearby tree and hit it with my forehead, hard enough that I got dizzy and fell on my butt.

"Hey!" I heard a yell and someone grabbed my arm and pulled me up so that I was facing him. It was Ren. "Are you trying to kill yourself or are you simply trying to lower your brain capacity?"

"I want to get amnesia." I mumbled lifelessly.

"We don't have time for this." He hissed before shoving me into Nate, who was giving me a worried look and placed a gentle hand on top of my head - the spot where I hit it. "Are you okay?"

"Kewl." My voice cracked that I immediately corrected myself. "I'm cool. Everything is fine and normal. Let's go!" I ordered. Custard, still on his other form appeared beside me and licked my forehead.