Chapter 104 A Precious Necklace

Chapter 104 

The guy lets out a scream as his other friend pulled him away from the stranger, who was now standing in front of me as if shielding me from my two attackers. "Leave. Or would you like me to break your jaws and feed you that...glass thing that you are holding?"

Glass thing? Does he mean the can of beer? But it's not even GLASS!

"You two aren't moving. Would you like me to break something else?" He asked menacingly and started moving forward. The two immediately ran away in a haste the longer they continued to look at the guy.

As soon as they were gone, I looked at the man warily. His back was still facing me that I can't even tell what he looks like at the moment. "Thank you." I blurted out.

The moment I spoke, I noticed him flinch and turned slightly in my direction. In that brief moment, I caught sight of his eyes. They were a dark shade of blue that I almost mistook for black if it weren't for the light coming from the shop.

He looked away. "Y-You're welcome!" He says and starts pulling his hoodie over his face. "I..I hope you don't mind me staying here for a bit. Maybe those guys will come back with reinforcements or something." He says.

There was something about this guy. His eyes, his voice, and his figure. It was familiar to me. I know the thing about stranger danger, but something was nagging at me to go and see his face.

I got up from my seat and carefully leaned my head so I was looking at his face, which he hides under his hoodie. As soon as I did, the man looked away abruptly.

"Do I know you? You look familiar. Let me see your face, sir." I shamefully said.

"No." He answered and pulled his hood lower over his face.

"Why not? It's just a face." I tried to move in front of him again. But he still covered his face.

"Exactly. It's just a face."

I frowned. This guy is being sarcastic with me. "Sir, let me see your face."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Are you ashamed of your face?"

"No."

"Then why are you hiding?"

"None of your business, woman." He said it so rudely like he was annoyed or something.

Fine. That's it. I know that I shouldn't be doing this to a stranger but I just had to!!

"I said...LET ME SEE YOUR FACE!" With a war cry, I grabbed the back of his hoodie and pulled it down, but he simply pulled it back up.

"Geez! What's with you!? Mind your own business!"

"Come on, let me see your face, damn it."

"Why are you like this!? This is not normal!"

Now, we were literally yelling and fighting over his hoodie that my necklace got caught in his sleeve, and felt the chain snap.

"My necklace!" I screamed as I grabbed my phone and started to look around for it.

"Your what?"

"My necklace!" I was starting to panic. "It's red and soft and...please. Just help me find it!"

Without a word, that man dropped to the ground to look for it with me, but a few minutes passed by, and when I still haven't found my necklace. I started crying.

"H-h-hey hey! W-Why are you crying!? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" The man asked as he started to look around in a panic. Then he started to wipe a stray tear from my cheek and attempted to place it back in my freaking eyeballs!