Chapter 69 Present

Chapter 69

I went back into my room and changed into a clean shirt before I headed to my study desk and wrote down the names that Nate and Ren gave me. I just about finished writing their names when I saw the little box that Ace gave me.

I almost forgot about it. I was too preoccupied with worry to even be bothered by the fact that Ace gave me a gift. But instead of grabbing the box, I just looked at it. Ace said that I should open it as soon as he leaves.

My eyes narrowed in suspicion. He never gave me a gift before. Why even bother now? And the last thing that he said to me regards it was very alarming as well. Why can't I open it in his presence?

It's not a bomb, right?

I poked the box with the feather pen.

Very suspicious.

I grabbed the box and began to shake it. Nothing. I heard nothing. I guess I will just have to open it. "This better not be one of those things where something jumps out at you." I muttered. Hoping that a knife won't pop up and stab me.

Just as I opened the box, a knock on my door made me jump that whatever was inside, dropped on the floor. I cursed.

Why does this always happen whenever I open something?! I just hope that whatever it was, it wasn't broken.

I sighed and went under my table to fetch to item. "Come in, guys." I called out. I already knew that it was Ren and Nate. I did tell them to come and meet me in my room so we can plan better as a team.

A very disorganized team if I may add.

I found the mystery item at the foot of the table and grabbed it just as the door opened. It was a necklace with a red gem about 2 centimeters in diameter. The surface was smooth to the touch and its back has a gold plate where the chain was connected.

I have a feeling that I have seen this necklace before. It looked like the one that Nora and Ace were looking at when we were in Hazel.

"What the hell am I suppose to do with this?" I whispered.

"What to do with what?" Nate suddenly asked beside me. I jumped in surprise and hit my head on the bottom of the table. Nate chuckled. "Sorry."

I glared at him and pushed his face away so I could move out. The pendant was still in my hands. I don't know why but I decided to wear it around my neck just as I sat down on my chair.

I showed them the list of names, which weren't that much in the first place.

"Elizabeth, Luke, Brandon, Terrence, and Liam." I read the names out to them. Aside from Terrence, Brandon and Liam were one of the trusted knights of the queen as well. "That's about all of them. Minus us at least." I narrowed my eyes at them. "Unless you both give me a reason to suspect you."

"Baby girl, you should. I mean, with this face? It's so handsome that I am not sure that I even exist in the first place." He winked.

Ren suddenly cracked his knuckles and smiled sinisterly at Nate. "Would you mind repeating that?"

"No."

Ren nodded before returning his gaze to me. "Those are the names that we know. Unless someone snooped around and saw the map. But I don't think that is possible."

"Let's only conclude when we are sure that the rest are cleared. As of now, why don't we focus on the ones whose names are on the list?"

"True. But for now, I will make two false informations since I separated them into two categories. One trap will be for the king and queen. The other one will be for the knights." I said.