Chapter 8 Tour in the Weapons Room

Chapter 8

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"  Nate suddenly appeared at my side. I did not respond. My eyes were too focused on Custard chewing at the mist of air surrounding the man as he screamed. Nate cussed beside me. "Rose, make him stop."

"I-I don't know how." I stuttered. My eyes flew to the man in the cage. He was trembling in fear. And to be honest. I am too. "Nate, I don't know how!"

Nate saw the panic and fear in my eyes. His eyes softened and he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Try to stay calm. Then command him. He will listen to you."

I turned to Custard who was still chewing the life out of the rogue. "S-stop." I commanded. Custard's ears only flinched, but he did not stop.

"Try again. This time make it sound like a command and not a request."

"Custard, STOP!" Abruptly he stopped and a tight sensation ran through my head making me dizzy. Suddenly I can hear screaming. The same scream coming from the man Custard attacked, but it seems far away. It felt like it came from - 

"What happened here?"My thoughts were broken when I heard Ren and Dan coming, but the loud ringing in my head was too hard to ignore. "What is Rose doing here!? And why does she look constipated!?" Dan demanded. Ren growled. "Brother, there's a rogue!" I couldn't see it but I can hear them scrambling to capture the half dead rogue. "Oh my gods. What happened to this guy? He doesn't seem injured but he looks dead."

At that comment I decided to look. Custard moved aside to let the twins carry the rogue. The man, as Ren had described him, doesn't have any injuries. But his face looks pale and his eyes were shaking as if he was in pain. He was drooling and his hands trembled in fear. He looks so terrible that I don't want to look at him anymore. Instead I looked at Custard, he was now back to his normal size looking ashamed as he walked back to me.

I heard Nate making a sound beside me. "You guys take that guy to Fred. I need to get Rose out of here. Come on, Rose."

Nate guided me out with Custard trailing us from behind. Nate lead us out into the garden and we sat on one of the benches. We in silence for a while. Nate figured that I needed some time to gather my thoughts and I was thankful for that. Even Custard did not make any sound.

But the silence did not last for long. "I know you want to be alone." He said. "But if I do that then you would probably go and sneak somewhere again." He gave me a small smile, unsure of whether it was the right thing to say or not.

"I have no idea what just happened." I whispered. "I mean, I know what I was doing before, but when that guy showed up I knew that I must not let him get me."

"So getting attacked by that guy wasn't part of your plan?" He said teasingly and when he realized something he frowned. "Wait. How did you get out and where the f$%^ are the guards!?"

Oops.

"Um..." I started thinking of a quick excuse, but I don't want to put the guards in trouble for my actions. "Actually..." I trailed off when I saw the frown on Nate's eyes. He's mad alright. I averted my gaze and hope that he wouldn't suspect me.

"Rose, please don't tell me that you did something to the guards."

"Okay I won't." I agreed immediately still not looking at him.

"Rose, do you realize that by doing that you could have endangered yourself? Well scratch that. You did." I knew how serious he was at this so I did not even try to make an attempt to joke about the situation. He sighed at my lack of words. "We tried to keep you out of danger and yet you come running towards it. How can we even protect you?"