Chapter 7 Danger That Lurks

Chapter 7

The party was a disaster. Everyone was in panic as security measures were being held. I couldn't even move. I wouldn't, because I was already overwhelmed with fear. Someone did this to get to me. What did I do to deserve this?

"Come on, Rose." Ren squeezed my hand and that brought me back to my sense.

"Get her to my office. It has wards and only those who do not have an urge to kill can enter." The queen was suddenly at my side and placed a hand on my tear ridden cheeks. "You will be safe there. I will meet you once this is settled." She smiled weakly.

I don't know what she's planning to do by staying here. Why don't she come along? What is she going to do? Murder the culprit?

"You heard the queen. Let's go." Nate gently pushed my back and urged me to follow Ace. My heart was hammering in my chest so fast that I couldn't even hear the shrill of panic as we left the party.

We finally arrived at the queen's office and I did not even feel the least bit safe. Ren opened the door and ushered me in.

"What the f&*^!" Immediately Nate and I turned to see PRINCE Ace and Ren stranded just outside the door.

"What are you guys doing? Get in here." Nate didn't seem annoyed. He looked amused as he looked at the two princes.

Ren grunted and started banging at an invisible wall. "I want to, but as you can see I cannot!" He started punching the wall in agitation. PRINCE Ace, on the other hand, simply rubbed his temples as he watches Ren trying to break the invisible wall.

"Calm down. If you won't the more you can't get in." He said.

"The queen did say the those who have an intent to kill cannot enter." Nate says. "Tell me. Do you guys want to kill someone?" At the mention of kill, I started to tense and wrap Nate's coat tighter around me as if it can protect me.

Ren saw my movement and his eyes hardened even more. "I want to kill whoever did this to our men. And to whoever is threatening Rose's life." He says and gave PRINCE Ace a look. "You also want to kill who's responsible for this, don't you?"

PRINCE Ace did not even looked at him as he let out a sigh. "I just want justice for the murder. That's all."

"Really?" Ren asked. "Then if you want justice, why can't you enter then?"

"Because I chose not to. No way would my feelings be affected because of her." He says and simply walked in without any effort.

"Damn know it all." Ren huffed. Then he started to let out a really long sigh, which I assume is to calm himself and NOW he was able to enter.

The numbness from my adrenaline has finally caught up to me and I stumble on the ground. Nate caught my arm and gently helped me up to sit on the couch. "Geez, Rose. You're not a vampire but your fingers are cold as ours."

"Oh sh!t!" Ren let out a curse as an invisible force threw him out of the room. I immediately sat up in surprise and wondered if an enemy has somehow infiltrated the room. I was powerless at this moment and the only thing that I could do was to cling to Nate. As embarrassing as it looks I don't want to be mauled to death by our invisible enemy. Nate started to chuckle beside me. "Relax, Rose. Ren just went into murderous mode again so the room kicked him out."

"Rose!" I queen suddenly barged in the office carrying Custard with her. The queen approached me and handed me my MIA familiar since the ball started. Custard happily jumped on my lap and started to nuzzle my neck as if to give me comfort. "Are you doing okay my dear?" The queen gently touched my cheek and I have to hold back tears as I nodded. "You must keep your familiar with you. Always. He might not look reliable but he will protect you. And he can."