Chapter 62 Love Potion

Chapter 62

The moment Fred and I began dancing, the others started to follow. It was like the previous events didn't happen at all. At the moment, the visitors enjoyed the event as usual as they casually used the dancefloor.

"Fred, is it me, or do you suck at dancing now?" I said as he and I stood behind the buffet table and ate. I was eating while he was just looking at me and greeting guests when they passed by.

"I should be asking you that same question." He responded and handed me a cupcake. "Try this."

"I stepped on you one time! You also stepped on mine." I complained but still accepted the cupcake nonetheless. Fred held this cupcake. It is now a national treasure that my stomach will enjoy.

Fred snickered. "You stepped on me first. I just returned the favor."

"You're a king now. Can you afford to fool around like that?"

"Now that I am king, I can do whatever I want." Fred says and snapped his fingers. The people dancing at the dancefloor began to float in the air as they dance. They were shocked at first but they continued.

I looked at Fred. "Why didn't you do that when we were dancing?"

"I was having too much fun dancing with you?" He suggested. "I mean, I just got a sense of nostalgia so I prefer a more grounded way of dancing."

'Master! Master! I want some cake as well.' Custard whimpered and poked my leg with his paw. 'Please?'

Fred saw Custard begging and picked him up. "Are you hungry, little guy? Pick whatever you want on the table. I heard that you were such a good boy and protected princess Rose."

'I'm a good boy! I'm a good boy!' Custard panted and wagged his tail eagerly when he saw Fred picking up the same dessert that he handed me.

'Custard, no fair. Why is Fred feeding you?' I pouted. Custard ignored me as he continued to eat.

"By the way, Rose. I heard a strange rumor that you thanked someone for confessing to you. Was that you?" He asked.

I stared at Fred and then I inserted the whole cupcake in my mouth just so I couldn't answer. Fred almost cried laughing out loud at my reaction that his blonde hair slightly fell in front of his eyes. He brushed them back in place and I swear I heard angels singing and flower petals raining all over us.

"Oh, you're done?" Fred asked when he saw me gulp. I shook my head and slowly placed a whole cookie in my mouth next. Again, Fred waiting for me to finish. But every time that I was done, I would always grab something to eat because I refuse to answer his question without screaming in public.

I have to admit. It was pretty impressive for him to have the patience to wait for me. But I am even more impressive considering the number of sweets that I was eating.

"Princess Rose." Someone suddenly called for me that I swallowed a half-chewed cupcake and felt my chest burning.

That really hurts. I shouldn't have done that!

I looked back only to see Liliana carrying Nora in her arms. I raised a brow at the weird combination. "Liliana." I said while pounding my chest to get rid of that burning feeling. "You do realize who you're carrying right now, right?" I asked in fear that siscon bloodhound would appear somewhere.

"Wiwiana is nice!" Nora beamed. "She gave me a cookie."

"Your highness." Liliana gasped when she saw Fred. She and Nora immediately bowed at Fred's presence. Fred was taken aback. He probably wasn't used to this sort of treatment just yet.