Chapter XLII: Kevin

When Kevin woke up Valerie was still passe out with her face on her plate, Kevin's face was wet and then he realized he had rolled into his plate that still had soup in it while he was passed out, great, he thought, now I smell like chicken soup.

He then looked around and noticed everyone was gone, even Charley, and after that he noticed the great hole in the wall leading towards the beach. then a lightning bolt shot into the roof of the restaurant and set it on fire, followed by a small white dragon that oddly resembled toothless from How to Train Your Dragon crashed next to Kevin, who just stabbed it in the middle with his katana.

After pulling Valerie out of the restaurant it collapsed by the fire Charley obviusly started, the sky had gotten dark and Kevin could see the sun heading towards the horizon, and below it where two figures fighting, one with a spear that shot lightning from the tip and the other a man much older with a cutlass and an open book that seemed to be radiating some sort of purple smoke. he rested Valerie on the sand safe from both Charley and the man and the fire behind Kevin.

He tried to sneak up on the man but after getting close enough to attack the man simply turned and elbowed Kevin in the face, Kevin fell on the ground but quickly got ot his feet and slashed at the man, cutting his shoulder, then Charley shot him with lightning maiking the man fall to his knees.

"Makriá!" yelled the man and pointed the book at the floor, there was a spiral of purple smoke and then the man simply dissapeard.

"Thanks," said Charley, "I thought I  wasn't going to make it."

"Don't mention it." replied Kevin, "Who was that guy anyways?"

"I think his name was Steven..." said Charley, "Well we lost the bus, now what?"

"We rest," said Kevin looking towards Valerie, "we'll figure something out tomorrow."